Sustainable Server Hardware Choices for 2024

DediRock

Hi,
What sustainable practices are you using in your server hardware choices?
I’m curious about eco-friendly options that don’t compromise on performance.

If you want to choose hardware to reduce the carbon footprint, you should focus on using the latest available technologies that have a significant reduction in the use of energy resources compared to previous generations. Another very important thing is the server cooling system. Liquid-based cooling systems are very effective in reducing the use of energy resources.

I'd believe the best of all would still be investing in e.g. solar panels to power the servers. A good solar panel is sometimes half a rack of electricity available in amps and it's much cleaner...

I'd believe the best of all would still be investing in e.g. solar panels to power the servers. A good solar panel is sometimes half a rack of electricity available in amps and it's much cleaner...
Our entire data center facility is covered solar panels, including the parking lot area. It's a great selling point, but I wouldn't chose a data center solely on the fact that they have solar panels. :)

Our entire data center facility is covered solar panels, including the parking lot area. It's a great selling point, but I wouldn't chose a data center solely on the fact that they have solar panels. :)
Neither would I :) but for corporate, owned facilities it is a great way of having electricity!

Back