Support Software

imported_Nick

Well, I've looked around and seen a lot of posts about what billing software people use, but none about their support software. Believe it or not, support is just as important as billing ;). What support program do you use...What are the advantages and disadvantages, and input...

Just as my personal contribution...I use Kayako SupportSuite (which is v3 now) on three of my websites, and eSupport (v2) on another. Basically, I've got my hosting business split up into sections. I've got v3 installed for Enhanced Blue hosting support, another install for servers, and another one for supporting a script I develop. My 4th installation which is of v2 is for my abuse department to manage complaints and policy enforcement, and they have their own private install (yes, there is a lot of abuse to deal with ;)). There are a lot of great advantages, and of course some disadvantages.

Advantages
- Easy to install and use
- SLA plans and escalation rules
- GREAT email piping
- Seamlessly integrates with ModernBill
- LoginShare to share logins with many programs
- Parses unlimited emails for unlimited domains
- When you've got an owned license, additional installation/domain licenses are only $50
- Good product...Decent support

Disadvantages
- Support can sometimes be slow
- Difficult to upgrade

Any other input about yours?

Hi,

I've just stuck to free products lately, but I do have an install for BoldCenter that I used to use, I didn't like the interface, but the chat function is ok,

Nick

Since our first priority is integration for our customers (billing, etc.) we are using CE's built-in helpdesk although it needs to get up to par with the rest of these listed...

We also use HCL for live chat but without the osTicket integration.

Kayako SupportSuite is probably the single most important buy I have made with our new company. I love it. It is probably the best thing I have seen created in a while for hosting companies. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to start a company or looking for a better solution. Good price too for Supportsuite, can't beat it :)

I use the built in support desk of CE. I find it very efficient to keep all the information in one place.

Cerberus for us as well, it's great.
1. Multiple company support
2. Multiple staff support
3 Knowledgebase
4. Ticketing system with Fetch & Retrieve smart learning solutions.
5. Willingness of Cerberus staff and contributors to modify/customize or work with you to get it to be all it can be, and then some.
6. Modular...you can build your additions, or integrate other ones fairly easily.

For an example of a work in progress, see http://helpdesknetwork.com It's built completely around the Cerberus Client Gui. It's a work in progress, just redesigned and still adding content. Most areas don't require you to sign in to see it, just the ticket submission and downloads, and the downloads aren't available yet.

Forgot to add, it's free if you only need one support email. You have nothing to lose by trying it out. You can update the license to multiple support addresses and companies if you need to. It's well worth the price imho.