STAY AWAY from Incapsula

easyhostmedia

I have incapsula on my server and for some reason unable to access partner area, and got no reply from them, so decided to just remove the cpanel plugin but they dont provide a way to remove this.

when i asked i got this reply.
Uri Polski (Incapsula Support)

Sep 7, 01:18

Hello Terry,

Unfortunately, Incapsula's cPanel plugin is out-dated and not fully supported any more.

We suggest you to contact your hosting provider in order to receive more information regarding this issue.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you,

Uri
[Incapsula Global Support]

wonder how my server provider is suppose to help anyway i asked them only to get this

Terry,

If the developers of the script can't tell you, how can we?

so i did some research and found this

Removal instructions:
Run the following shell commands as root via SSH:
1) wget http://cprepo.incapsula-plugin.com/downloads/incapsula-latest.tar
2) tar -xf incapsula-latest.tar
3) cd incapsula-latest
4) sh uninstall.sh
5) cd ..
6) rm -Rfv incapsula-latest/ incapsula-latest.tar

great, well no as i get this

root@***** [~]# wget http://cprepo.incapsula-plugin.com/downloads/incapsula-latest.tar
--2015-09-06 23:43:03-- http://cprepo.incapsula-plugin.com/downloads/incapsula-latest.tar
Resolving cprepo.incapsula-plugin.com... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address âcprepo.incapsula-plugin.comâ
st.tar

then i get this from incapsula

Uri Polski (Incapsula Support)

Sep 7, 01:44

Hello Terry,

This cPanel plugin is no longer provided by us. We do not have this plugin anymore.

However, we will consult with our 2th Tier Engineers and update you accordingly.

Thank you,

Uri

so anyone with Incapsula on their cpanel server then you are stuck with it.

are Incapsula run by immature kids that have no clue what they are doing.
just got this

Amir - Support (Incapsula Support)

Sep 7, 11:17

Hi Terry,

As my colleague Uri said, Incapsula does not provide cPanel plugin anymore. Could you please let us know what is the email address you are entering the Incapsula portal with?

Thank You,
Amir
[Incapsula Global Support Team]

i have never stated i want access to my Portal. i have been 100% clear what i want

Thanks haha I bookmarked them for future use and this has made me remove the bookmark :D too many kids in the hosting world lately.

Thanks haha I bookmarked them for future use and this has made me remove the bookmark :D too many kids in the hosting world lately.

would not care, but its a big contender to cloudflare, but their childish behaviour turns you right off them.

this was their last message

Amir - Support (Incapsula Support)

Sep 7, 15:02

Hello Terry,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this issue it may cause you. We are thoroughly checking the issue and provide you with a solution and how to remove it soon.

Thank You,
Amir
[Incapsula Global Support Team]

not told them i spend hours going through the server files thanks to ConfigServer Explorer to locate every instance of incapsula and removed them all manually

Last edited:
this is their latest message

Alona Binshtok (Incapsula Support)

Sep 10, 16:59

Hello Terry,

After discussing this issue internally with all relevant teams, including our sr. management, it seems that this plugin indeed reached its "End of Life" and "End of Support" stage.
Therefore, this plugin and its functionality are no longer supported by us.

Thank you,
Alona

so it clear they provide the plugin to their partners made it EOF and unsupported without telling their partners. I can only assume they did this in the hope that partners would leave it on their cpanel servers ( well they cant remove it as non uninstall) so that the partners clients could still access and use Incapsula making money from them. which i would say is a FRAUDULENT act on Incapsulas part.

this is their latest message

so it clear they provide the plugin to their partners made it EOF and unsupported without telling their partners. I can only assume they did this in the hope that partners would leave it on their cpanel servers.

This is not only interesting but a shame that such a promising project is turning out to be this fraudulent