stay away from GreenValueHost

The Distant Selling Regulations ( Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000) and the 1997 EU Directive on the protection of consumers in respect of distance contracts only apply to UK and EU sales

@hostyhosty Those will have no standing in the states. As for PayPal, the dispute will be closed once the seller calls them as a VPS is not protected under the buyer agreement.

they are going to refund $10.17 that i paid for VR standard, but they say will take 5/6 working days.

But a big thank you to Alex and Arvixe for fixing me up with a reseller plan so i could get my main site and WHMCS up on clean IPs while i get some funds in to upgrade to a VPS

Too bad I was away for so long. Nice to hear that you received help from Alex_Arvixe already.

Only the best of luck to you!

MOD NOTE: Edited for marketing talk.

well if they did not supply blacklisted IPs and they say their DC does not have any clean IPs and why do i need clean IPs then this thread would not have been started.

after i placed my cancellation requests i got this

strange as it was Jon that stated he would refund the $10.17 in the first place.

they have also cancelled the invoice for next months payment, but still have the invoice as active and marked unpaid for the WHMCS addon.

Like I said. It's the same thing every time.
I've never dealt with GVH, but from what I've seen, Jon says all the wrong things at the wrong time.

Our rules for when we mess up: Apologize, fix it, apologize some more and NEVER say the customer is wrong. Instead: point out the facts.

Well after i cancelled the server and the m still invoicing me for the WHMCS licence when i dont have a server with them is a breach of the reseller agreement they have with WHMCS, although the WHMCS licences are in the name of Hudson Valley Host, so they are reselling HVH services, but to WHMCS this makes no difference as the reseller agreement is being breached, so they are going to remind HVH of this

guess what since i cancelled the server had these 3 fake orders

Dear ,

Order Information

Order ID: 299
Order Number: 7240547371
Date/Time: 13/08/2014 20:26
Invoice Number: 14898
Payment Method: Mobile Payments

Customer Information

Customer ID: 168
Name: Aganteng Rooterz
Email: andriroot@gmail.com
Company: DMASTERPIECE
Address 1: JL SYNTAX ERROR
Address 2: JL SYNTAX ERROR
City: DM
State: Arizona
Postcode: 404404
Phone Number: 086969696969

Order Items

Domain Registration: Register
Domain: hacked-by-dm-team.com
First Payment Amount: £7.49GBP
Recurring Amount: £7.99GBP
Registration Period: 1 Year/s

Total Due Today: £7.83GBP

ISP Information

IP: 75.127.126.17
Host: ns2.simpliq.net

Dear ,

Order Information

Order ID: 301
Order Number: 5475154139
Date/Time: 07/09/2014 14:04
Invoice Number: 14916

Customer Information

Customer ID: 170
Email: DM@GMAIL.COM
Address 1: JL SYNTAX ERROR
Address 2: JL SYNTAX ERROR
City: DM

Order Items

ISP Information

IP: 173.214.177.80
Host: 173.214.177.80

Dear ,

Order Information

Order ID: 302
Order Number: 5326142387
Date/Time: 09/09/2014 14:17
Invoice Number: 14921

Customer Information

Customer ID: 171
Email: IDUBEXP@GMAIL.COM
Address 1: dm
Address 2: dm
City: dm

Order Items

ISP Information

IP: 198.46.141.122
Host: server1.allsitecontrol.com

a common link is the IPs/hostnames are all on Hudson Valley Host/ColoCrossing servers who just happen to be the same as Greenvaluehost

I wonder if Hudson Valley Host are behind this as i have had a VPS reseller account with them for several years, but no sooner do i report the fake order to them with the evidence it comes from their network (https://whois.domaintools.com/allsitecontrol.com) they block me from their site.
why do this when you report illegal activity on their network unless you were responsible for the illegal activity and know you have been found out

Terry,

You lack basic understanding of hosting industry knowledge to the point where you are not even able to comprehend GeoIP location. Just because an IP geolocates to one specific city does not mean that the server is located there. We have IP addresses geolocated to the US when they are routed to Amsterdam.

I provided you with a clean IP address that you could use to send mail from. That's all you really needed. I did the best I could to explain facts to you as nicely as I could with every situation but it's very overwhelming when I am faced with you pulling heaps of nonsense out of your ass that only hosting newbies would believe.

I'd be quite worried if I was one of your clients as by the look of your correspondences with us, you obviously had no idea about a lot of what you said in your tickets and are obviously not willing to back down when you're wrong. And you left that out in your original post here too, likely because you didn't want to embarrass yourself.

With that said, best of luck.

Jon

Last edited:
Like I said. It's the same thing every time.
I've never dealt with GVH, but from what I've seen, Jon says all the wrong things at the wrong time.

Our rules for when we mess up: Apologize, fix it, apologize some more and NEVER say the customer is wrong. Instead: point out the facts.

When the customer is wrong, the customer is wrong. Especially when they are wrong about something technical, we will not hesitate to point it out to them. A hosting provider that lets their customers be in their own little dream world of what their own false beliefs about how "techy" stuff really works is a hosting provider that's going to ultimately fail when the customer comes back to them asking "Why the hell is my stuff broken?!"

And of course, with your nonsense logic, it wouldn't be right to tell the customer, "Oh, it's because we let you believe made up facts that are actually wrong so that you could screw up your own server"

Well after i cancelled the server and the m still invoicing me for the WHMCS licence when i dont have a server with them is a breach of the reseller agreement they have with WHMCS, although the WHMCS licences are in the name of Hudson Valley Host, so they are reselling HVH services, but to WHMCS this makes no difference as the reseller agreement is being breached, so they are going to remind HVH of this

Read the WHMCS Reseller Agreement for yourself. You're wrong.

i like their announcement

https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/announcements.php?id=24

yet they seem to ignore this

You're wrong, again, because the conditions as specified in that policy never applied to you due to you refusing to cooperate and listen to logic and instead insisting on pulling false truths out of your ass to back your nonsense claims.

This gets better

they gave clean IPs, which all checks point then to Williamson, NY and not Chicago, IL.

which is strange as i told them i ordered a server in Chicago and that where i want the server, their reply was

which is BS as the IPs will point to the node and not a companies HQ, so if they do point to the companys HQ in Williamson, NY then that is where the node is

This is completely WRONG and we have told you this MULTIPLE times via ticket.

An IP address can be geolocated to a certain location and be routed some place else. What really is true BS is that you don't believe this fact and are insistent upon your nonsense belief when there is actual proof (Do you know what a traceroute is????)

You are a client who is so ingrained into the "The customer is always right, even when they're wrong!" bull**** from other hosting companies that you convince yourself that you're right even when there's proof to be presented from reliable technical sources that you're not. "The customer is always right" can be applied in many cases, but in cases like this, you're wrong.

TRACEROUTE TRACEROUTE TRACEROUTE is how you find where a server is located. Not one of those RIDICULOUSLY STUPID "IP location checkers" that fool people into believing that's where their server location GUARANTEED IS so that they can get ad clicking revenue from their Google Adsense.

Terry,

You lack basic understanding of hosting industry knowledge to the point where you are not even able to comprehend GeoIP location. Just because an IP geolocates to one specific city does not mean that the server is located there. We have IP addresses geolocated to the US when they are routed to Amsterdam.

I provided you with a clean IP address that you could use to send mail from. That's all you really needed. I did the best I could to explain facts to you as nicely as I could with every situation but it's very overwhelming when I am faced with you pulling heaps of nonsense out of your ass that only hosting newbies would believe.

I'd be quite worried if I was one of your clients as by the look of your correspondences with us, you obviously had no idea about a lot of what you said in your tickets and are obviously not willing to back down when you're wrong. And you left that out in your original post here too, likely because you didn't want to embarrass yourself.

With that said, best of luck.

Jon

No when you provide a service then the end user expects all clean IPS, not just for sending mail. i have been in the hosing business for many years i know what is expected and all about geoIP locations.

No when you provide a service then the end user expects all clean IPS, not just for sending mail. i have been in the hosing business for many years i know what is expected and all about geoIP locations.

I apologize that you were dissatisfied with that you received, however you can't argue against the fact that we accommodated you with what you actually needed. You really only needed 1 clean IP address for mailing based on the reasoning you initially gave us. If we saw need for any more clean IP addresses, we would have went out of our way more than we had to get you it, but there was no need.

If you disagreed with what we determined that you needed, the process would be to converse with us in a logical manner to convince us that you need more than what we allocated. We allocated the IP addresses that were specified in the plan and gave you a clean IP address for mailing. You do not need clean IP addresses for nameservers or any of the other reasons you specified. You tried to argue with us with nonsense reasoning about why you needed your entire allocation to be clean. You were paying like .. $16.95 per month for a managed VPS with cPanel/WHM included. The cheapest price you'll ever find for that plan .. anywhere. I think that for the price you paid, what we offered you was very reasonable especially because everything you intended on using the server for was accommodated for appropriately.

You don't know all about geoIP. You've never heard of the term before I mentioned it to you, don't lie. I had to correct you before you learned what geoIP actually is and the proof is in your tickets and your previous posts here.

Don't argue against my points, it's pointless and you've already made it clear that you don't know much of what you're talking about in regards to these matters.

I've been told this before and I've taken the following advice many times, and it is time for me to give this advice to you because it's in an applicable situation: "Sit down and shut up because you're trying to argue with someone who knows more than you and you're going to embarrass yourself by arguing further."

1. You made things up
2. You realized your nonsense was wrong after I corrected you, but you still try to argue that your nonsense is right.
3. When it is too overwhelming that you're wrong, you pretend that you knew the right thing all along

It doesn't work like that. And if I backed down like this for every technical situation where a client is wrong, they would come running back to me asking me why this and that and this broke .. and I don't want to have to tell them "I lied and told you that what you thought was right to make you happy" because that's just a mentally retarded thing to do.

Last edited:
i was told

Ernie said that ColoCrossing doesn't really have any clean IPv4 ranges in Chicago at this time, however they have some in Buffalo.

Would you like me to migrate you over to Buffalo and reassign your IP addresses?

Regards,

Our data center is currently working with the SBL to have the IPs deblacklisted.

In the meantime if mailing urgent for you, I recommend using Mandrillapp.

There's unfortunately nothing I can do at this time because Ernie said that they don't have any clean IP addresses available. Are you not able to use Mandrill?

you admitted your DC did not have clean IPS, then you tell me to use a 3rd party (why when i was paying you and you never delivered)

Hi Terry,

Why would you need clean IP addresses for your nameservers, main site/WHMCS if the SBL status of the IP addresses do not affect those in any way?

I can only see a purpose for a clean IP address needed for mailing?

Regards,

Jon Nguyen, Operations Director
Green Value Hosting, Inc. Management

well it is expected that any client should be given clean IPS and not blacklisted IPS, but it seems if people read WHT posts you have a habit of blaming and calling customers for your failings.

no need to reply as you are on my ignore list now

Maybe Admin/Mods can close this thread