stay away from GreenValueHost

easyhostmedia

Hi

ordered a VPS from Green Value host (chicago DC) on 9th Aug. 2014. this was just to host my site and WHMCS. from day one emails were being bounce back and i found it was that the IP range was blacklisted by Spamhaus, so asked them to fix this. All i kept getting from them was

Our data center is currently working with the SBL to have the IPs deblacklisted.

when i said thats not good enough i got

Our data center is currently working with the SBL to have the IPs deblacklisted.

In the meantime if mailing urgent for you, I recommend using Mandrillapp.

why should i use a third party service when i am paying them for this service as part of my server.

i gave them 24 hrs today to sort this and this is all i get back

Ernie said that ColoCrossing doesn't really have any clean IPv4 ranges in Chicago at this time, however they have some in Buffalo.

Would you like me to migrate you over to Buffalo and reassign your IP addresses?

Regards,

oh yes they seem to use Hudson Valley Host for their services

Edit

I chose Chicago as i know that location works for me as i had previous issue with latency from Buffalo

and now they come back with

There's unfortunately nothing I can do at this time because Ernie said that they don't have any clean IP addresses available. Are you not able to use Mandrill?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Why is the delisting taking so long? It is unfortunate that they don't have any clean IPs they can offer you.

I guess your options would be to consider another provider, use a 3rd party service or look into getting your IP ranges delisted yourself.

It should be Green Value Host and not Green Valley Host, so if mods can change it please.

also got this latest message from them

I'll scrounge for clean IP addresses and give you clean IPs by the end of the day.

So if their provider hudson valley host/ColoCrossing state
ColoCrossing doesn't really have any clean IPv4 ranges in Chicago at this time
i wonder where they are going to magic clean ones from

oh what a great reply

Hi Terry,

Why would you need clean IP addresses for your nameservers, main site/WHMCS if the SBL status of the IP addresses do not affect those in any way?

I can only see a purpose for a clean IP address needed for mailing?

Regards,

Jon Nguyen, Operations Director
Green Value Hosting, Inc. Management

seems they are scammers, they provide a serer with blacklisted IPs ( so not what i paid for) and this is their reply to refund request

We do not offer refunds for managed VPS hosting nor do we offer refunds for WHMCS licenses. I can refund your payment for VR-Standard and look for additional clean IP addresses to give you in the meantime, this is the only option that I am able to proceed with.

Regards,

yet another reply after i said they have not provided a clean server.

The response that was received is below:

----------------------------------------------

We did not advertise that the IPs would be non-blacklisted -- We have NEVER advertised this for the plans that you have purchased.

The only reason you would need a non-blacklisted IP address would be for mailing use. I gave you three completely clean IP addresses free of charge.

If you want to refer to legalese, our Terms of Service is considered a legally binding contract as per the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act passed by United States Congress in 2000, and according to such contract, you agree that managed VPS hosting services AND WHMCS licenses are 100% non-refundable.

I am offering to be more than reasonable with you here, offering you a refund for what I am allowed to give, for the VR-Standard plan and to continue searching for clean IPs to give you.

If you disagree with what I am saying you are free to open a PayPal dispute, in which would result in us calling PayPal referencing their legally binding User Agreement which states that intangible items are not covered by PayPal Buyer and Seller Protection, therefore they are legally obligated to close any and all disputes in our favor.

I am offering to help you and I don't have time to argue.

Regards,

Last edited:
now they say

No, that's a complete lie. SpamHaus didn't blacklist the "entire ColoCrossing data center". ColoCrossing still has hundreds of thousands (literally, out of their 750,000 or so total IPv4 addresses under management).

It is not legally binding that the server does not have blacklisted IP addresses. Where does it say that it is?

I provided you with the ability to send mail from a clean IP address, which is the only reason why a clean IP is actually needed. I am offering to still search for clean IP addresses for you, just for your satisfaction although there is really no point in having a clean IP if it's not being used for mailing.

Regards,

they are a bunch of scammer children

You can either choose to cooperate with me or dispute your payments via PayPal.

If you choose to dispute your payment via PayPal, we'll fight it to the end and if the payment is closed in our favor, your services would still be terminated and we aren't going to process a refund. The primary argument against your claim is that you are attempting to falsify laws claiming that is illegal for a hosting provider to provide IP addresses that are blacklisted, when it's not. I gave you 2 clean IP addresses which can be fully used to send mail and are offering 3 additional IP addresses which are clean, if you would give me just another day to get them for you.

In addition to disputing your payment via PayPal, you would be reported to fraud databases and potentially collection agencies, as disputing payments for services received is legally considered as fraudulent activity.

If you choose to cooperate with me then I can continue looking for clean IP addresses for you and compensate you for the time lost while looking for the clean addresses accordingly.

Please understand that I am only here to help, and am doing the best that I can to assist you. When you are being completely unreasonable with me, I'm afraid that is when we are going to have to put our foot down and we have professionals in-house to deal with anything that might arise, including disputes (and we have never lost a Paypal dispute in our entire 2 years of being in business, regardless of whether it has been within the U.S, Europe, Asia, etc).

Regards,

they are a bunch of scammer children

how are they scammer children it seem's that everything is colo crossing's fault and not their's ... hopefully green value host finds a new data center if i am wrong then oh well i miss understood because my English reading and writing skills is fair and not perfect

well as they are still offering servers in their chicago DC knowing they dont have clean IPs is a scam in my eyes. it is not my fault they sold me a useless server with blacklisted IPs , so i did not get what i paid, so cant use the server. This is in fact FRAUD

If you check http://www.greenvaluehost.com/network.html

for chicago they state

Chicago, Illinois (USA Central) - OUR HIGHEST QUALITY NETWORK!

Carriers: Level 3, nLayer, NTT, and extensive local peering with additional connectivity options on site.
Test IPv4: 198.12.105.126
Click here to download a 100MB speed test file
Key Facility Facts: SSAE16 Certified (Processes and procedures meet or exceed STRICT standards) with extreme power density per cabinet, up to 10kW. OUTSTANDING connectivity all throughout the United States.

how can it be high quality if they issue servers with blacklisted IPs and as they have stated the DC does not have clean IPs

This shows they have not idea how blacklistings work

Terry,

In regards to "I have had invoices bounce back as clients system wont receive the invoices due to blacklisted IPs, which have caused some clients accounts getting suspended for non payment as my cron runs at 3am, this upsets my clients."

They shouldn't bounce back. They should be in their spam folder. If it is bouncing back, something is wrong with your configuration.

now it seems they cant tell the difference from Williamson, NY and Chicago, IL.

i get this

Hello,

I just had a new range assigned to CH2 the other day. I'll have your IPs swapped out with clean ones.

Regards,

Eric Walstrom - Level III Technician
GreenValueHost Customer Service

had to ask them for the IP so i could access WHM, but then when i checked the IPs they are in Williamson, NY. when they are aware i ordered in Chicago and thats where i want the server

This gets better

they gave clean IPs, which all checks point then to Williamson, NY and not Chicago, IL.

which is strange as i told them i ordered a server in Chicago and that where i want the server, their reply was

Hello,

The IPs show the location data for our providers' (ColoCrossing) HQ. The host node is still located in Chicago.

Regards,

Eric Walstrom - Level III Technician
GreenValueHost Customer Service

which is BS as the IPs will point to the node and not a companies HQ, so if they do point to the companys HQ in Williamson, NY then that is where the node is

I'm an active member of a different forum where I tend to ignore GVH threads because it's the same story every-single-time.

They must be doing something right to get people signing up with them. It's the retention that they seem to struggle with.

I'm an active member of a different forum where I tend to ignore GVH threads because it's the same story every-single-time.

They must be doing something right to get people signing up with them. It's the retention that they seem to struggle with.

well if they did not supply blacklisted IPs and they say their DC does not have any clean IPs and why do i need clean IPs then this thread would not have been started.

after i placed my cancellation requests i got this

I apologize that you are expecting us to throw away our experience and pretend we don't know what we are saying, unfortunately that's not what we do here as that doesn't get us places.

When we are trying to help you, you argue with us telling us that what we are saying is completely false when we actually know what we're doing and what we're saying before we take action.

As per our Terms of Service, I would appreciate your patience to wait 5-6 business days for us to process your refund, especially as your $10.17 refund is a grace refund (offered when you don't actually qualify, and can be revoked at any time).

Regards,

strange as it was Jon that stated he would refund the $10.17 in the first place.

they have also cancelled the invoice for next months payment, but still have the invoice as active and marked unpaid for the WHMCS addon.

Hi Terry

Here are some possibly useful links you may want to consider looking through which you could fire off at this company, not sure how much they will all apply but here goes anyway

http://www.out-law.com/page-430
(uk long distance selling act)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54
(uk sale of goods act)

^ possibly a good one as you effectively bought something unfit for purpose i.e bought a service that is unfit for purpose and cannot get use of as the ips are blacklisted)

You have legal rights if you have bought something in good faith that is either 1) not as you expected it to be or 2) not performed as expected.

regardless of whether they are in the uk us or timbuktoo they sold you something that was a dud and that you could not use they need to refund you and I'd use the links above hghlighting your case to both them and Paypal.

I definitely think Paypal will refund it if you word it correctly maybe even using the examples above.

Good luck my friend, sadly not every company is squeeky clean. Hopefully you'll get a refund and be able to find a host that fits your requirements and exceeds your expectations, unfortunately this lot haven't.