SSL Certificate

cat5

Hi,

Not sure what im quite doing wrong here however I have tried a few methods and I still can not rectify the problem.

I have cPanel installed along with the lets encrypt plugin for generating SSL certificates.

All has been setup and works fine on my hostname & cpanel/whm login however on the regular domain side im getting failiures.

With cpanel on the domain I have checked SSL, tried updating the certificate & it is telling me it is installed and ready to use as below (Note domain is omitted in case it is not allowed:

xxxx.net
cpanel.xxxx.net
mail.xxxx.net
webdisk.xxxx.net
webmail.xxxx.net
whm.xxxx.net
www.xxxx.net

All show the green lock in cpanel next to them however I have tried them all on https and none of them will resolve.

Any ideas? First time I have used lets encrypt through cpanel.

The first thing I would try is deleting/undoing everything and starting over. Sometimes that works wonders.

When you click on the non-green lock, do you get any meaningful errors?

Asking since it sounds like it's a new server being set up - is the clock correct on the server?

The first thing I would try is deleting/undoing everything and starting over. Sometimes that works wonders.

When you click on the non-green lock, do you get any meaningful errors?

Asking since it sounds like it's a new server being set up - is the clock correct on the server?

No errors showing, have tried re installing and changing the provider from let's encrypt to cpanel to no avail.

Will need to check the clock, didn't think that would have affected anything.

First of all, check your domain name here to confirm if an SSL Certificate is correctly installed or not.

Thanks for the website, shows as no ssl installed or blocked by the firewall.

Might possibly be I didn't open the port up on csf, oops!

Will take a look and report back.

first think is get rid of the lets encrypt plugin as if you have WHM 60 or above you dont need it as WHM has its own built in

look under Home »SSL/TLS »Manage AutoSSL in your WHM

first think is get rid of the lets encrypt plugin as if you have WHM 60 or above you dont need it as WHM has its own built in

Ah thank you, was not sure if cpanel included them for free or not.

Let's encrypt appears to be now working for me anyway, will see how it goes for now and possibly make a change later down the line.

Ah thank you, was not sure if cpanel included them for free or not.

Let's encrypt appears to be now working for me anyway, will see how it goes for now and possibly make a change later down the line.

Yes they are free and when enabled it automatically adds the SSL certs to any account on the server that does not already have an SSL cert.

If there is nginx installed on your server, probably tehre was the issue with ngins configuration - in such cases you may ask your hosting provider to re-generate nginx configuration file for user or domain, just like:
- to re-generate nginx conf for particular domain:
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/nginxctl rebuildvhost DOMAIN
- for all domains of particular user:
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/nginxctl rebuilduservhost USER
- after that restart nginx:
service nginx graceful
- and check your SSL once again - https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html

I second this, just make sure your clients' domains are "done" first before doing this for them. I validate their domains by doing an "A" record audit over at https://www.whatsmydns.net if you get all but no more than 3 of them at your server's IP then it should be good to go "enough".

Please make sure your domain is properly resolving to the hosting provider's server and if it is correctly setup then please make sure to install it from the same server from where your website is working.

Once you will install the SSL certificate then you can verify it using various SSL checker sites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys