softaculous or fantastico

What about Installatron? We don't use them but personally I think their UI is much more user friendly / elegant.
Lots of praise for Softaculous here, but I bet the biggest reason for its popularity is its price. That said, it's also what we're using at the time of this writing, although I would be open to exploring something new.

I have fond memories of Fantastico. Is it really that much worse than Softaculous at this point?

Lots of praise for Softaculous here, but I bet the biggest reason for its popularity is its price. That said, it's also what we're using at the time of this writing, although I would be open to exploring something new.

I have fond memories of Fantastico. Is it really that much worse than Softaculous at this point?

Yeah, its strange that anyone continues to use it IMHO. The interface for Fantastico is very plain and stiff. Not only that but it provides about 6 times less scripts than Softaculous. And to top it all off, Fanta is completely lacking any support at the moment so its basically slowly bleeding in the corner, waiting to die :crash:

I think Installatron is more of a competitor to Softaculous (Albeit, more expensive).

Out of the 2, I prefer the UI of Installatron but Softaculous for everything else.

Use Softaculous. It is more useful than Fantastico, which is out-of-date. Softaculous is user-friendly, has a lot of features, has many apps and demos.

Softaculous or Fantastico

Which one is best according to you and why??

I use Softaculous software for the clients to use because it is implement with more and even new scripts. It automatically updates software up to date.

EDITED: No self-promoting

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vojta702