Shakira Thunder Looking For Dedicated Host

AlanShkr

hi, i run Shakira Thunder, and i am looking for a new dedicated host. My current one offered to host me, but has gone on and off, on and off, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt (especially the mysql), before my site`s host went on and off, i used to get 300-400 + (sometimes even 500) per day, but since people realized my site went down, alot stopped coming, and i even had to reset my counter (since the site was deleted), thats why im looking for a host. here u can view my site:

v-1: http://shakirathunder.metropoli2000.co.uk/Main.htm

v-2: http://shakirathunder.metropoli2000.co.uk/New/Main.htm

i prefer version 2, and that is the new layout i would like to upload to my new host,

For the site i use and need:

First: I would be adding your banner and button to my site,
-I use a forum and a gallery which needs mysql and php, etc...
room and bandwidth: as much as possible (my site doesnt use that much, but if i want it to grow i have to have a lot of room)

extras: i would like media hosting (but its not a must)
domain: i use a short url, so its fine for me, so u guys dont need to worry about that, but i know some services offer a domain to high traffic sites, so if any of you do that, just lemme know, but its not a must

thank you :)

Last edited:
i am looking for a new dedicated host
I think shared hosting is what you need based on the traffic figures you gave us.

but i know some services offer a domain to high traffic sites
I highly suggest you to register a domain anyway.

It has some advantages:

1. easy to remember URL to be known by your users
2. When you change hosts your URL doesn't change
3. it's cheap ;)

i dont have money for a domain name, that is why i am looking for a free host, if i had money id buy it all, i use a short url for now: shakirathunder.vze.com

and it stays the same

right now the actual site is no more than 10 mb, the gallery, no more than 200, and the forum no more than 200, but if i can get the option to expand it i would really like it (like an additional 25 per week or something)

about bandwidth: my site gets like i said 300-400 + and since shakiras new single comes out next month, you can times that by two or 3, cause all the fans will be coming back, so id say no more than 10 gb, probably less (im guessing about the bandwidth since i have no clue how much i am using)

btw: the gallery is a huge part of the site, but doesnt use that much bw, it uses php, so i can put the banner on the top of every page of that also, so it would also helo raise money

i dont know what u mean by public domain, but all the pics r legal, my gallery and others, have been using them for a while and no ones said anything and some pcis we get from an account for commercials use, so nothing bad is going on :p

Last edited:
What are your sources?
Just because no one has said anything yet, does not mean that the pictures are not copyright protected.

first of all, alot of the pics r from various fan sites, promo, photo shoots, scans etc...regualr fan pics, u know, none r really from a big company like wireimage, etc,,, except one group of pics, which we paid and got permission from, since thats why we paid, but most of the pics r just regular fan pics, like u find on those britney sites and all, so i dont see the point of worrying about this

You are asking for free hosting.
If you host copyright photos the host is responsible for having them removed.

Any decent host would "worry" about this.

i guess i have to repeat myself: i am not hosting copyrighted pics, all of mine r regualr ones, scans, photoshoots, etc....i only have one group which we (my group) purchased for public use. so theer would be no worries about having them removed, i understand what u mean and all, but im not doing anything wrong

Alan, I think what Blue drives at is that what you currently use - scans and photo shoot pics - are copyrighted and usually you need either to pay the fee for their usage or get permission from the source.

So when you display her pictures from fashion magazines and such - there is an intellectual property law in play.

Best,

Or even from other fan sites.
Just because other sites are using them does not make them legal to use on your site.

i understand very well what he means, and if i need all that permission for a few scans and pics, and the others that i have, then my gallery along with every other fan site, are using "illegal" pics. without offense or trying to sound like an ass, i asked for hosting, not for a lecture on copyrights, i am very well aware of copyrights and all, thats why i have not put alot of images on my gallery, cause alot are copyrighted, and we didnt get permission and all, but simple pics like what the official site gives out, scans from mags and all, i dont really think they r such a big issue, on my gallery, ull find album scans, magazine scans, a few paparazzi scans, some events, etc...but those pics r found very widely on the net, so i dont think those r the problems, if i am completely wrong, then ok, then its wrong to have what i have, again im not trying to be rude, or sound like an ass, but having to hear this whole copyright stuff is a bit annoying, especially since my gallery has no more than 1000 miserable pics which can be found everywhere. i hope i made my point, as u guys have made urs, i dont really think we should start getting into more details and all. I mean all im trying to do is share some of my stuff, a little tribute if u must, i mean what you guys are saying is that i have to get permission for all pics, so it would be better not to put any, cause thats what u guys r making it sound like, and its very discouraging. so i would like this whole convo about copyrights to stop, since this thread is about hosting. thank you

Last edited:
Fine by me.

Alan, if you find a company that will take all the risk on itself, then surely, let's leave this up to just that.

In the meantime, you were already offered hosting (possibly) above:
qfisher said:
AlanShkr,

I might be able to help you depending on the bandwidth requirements. E-Mail me with more details and I'll see what i can do to help you.

pswhosting.com
sales@pswhosting.com
Best of luck,
Artashes

i am waiting for thier response, and i really wish u guys would stop acting so dramatic, there is no risk, unless i go around advertising the pics, screaming: copyrighted pics, im not that stupid, so please stop it with the copyrights, if it was up to you people, there would be no pics on any site

Well, respectfully, you don't have to tell us what to do. Especially when it is you asking for a free favor. People are here to help and advice you, as well as overlooking their own safe-being, they are not here to bury you with problems.

I hope that host accepts you. Let us know how that goes.

Best,

i understand that, i do, and i wasnt really telling u what to do, u know, it was more like: i understand already, no need to repeat, so sorry if i offended you, but the last post r all about copyrights, and ive had this site for about a year, so i know what to do and what not to do, if there is any other advice though, i would love to hear it, and i also hope that the host will accept me