Server monitoring

BinaryCanary is grate and cheap monitoring but as i know he do not have server side agent so cannot to check server performances such as server load,hard disk etc...

One more vote for Nagios. It is free and allows to monitor various aspects of your servers, network. Additionally you can install a plugin for FireFox and Chrome to show the brief server/network status in the status bar of your browser. It is very handy.

Our programmer developed an in house monitoring system that monitors not just uptime but server health. However we also use nodeping as a secondary method of service uptime monitoring. The service is incredibly affordable and I believe they allow up to 1000 monitors for one monthly price.

NAGIOS was our favorite over the years, but for remote monitoring we use Binary Canary.

We use an in-house product for monitoring server loads and taking action.

RVMonitoring is a great tool. We have used it and continue to use it to this day. We also use monitor.us which is another great tool, which is free to an extent.

If you use WHMCS there is a server monitoring plugin free that monitors as many IPs and ports as you wish.

I am completely agree with you... I myself has used that... now we have inhouse developed software for monitoring and all.... We usually design our own scripts to check all these information.... You can also go for Zaabbix... Nagios is good but heavier than Zabbix..

Last edited: