Server monitoring tools

I have mentioned few best load tracking tools linux hosting server.

1 )Solarwinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer.

2) Zabbix.

3) Nagios Core.

4) OpenNMS.

5) Cacti.

Grafana + Prometheus would let you create a pretty nice looking dashboard with a server overview. Makes for a snazzy way to display vital server status and graphs.

Weird, I don't know why I didn't mention "UptimeRobot.com" as a tool that we used to use in the past. While it's not going to monitor CPU usage and other features, it will monitor if the MySQL is responding, ping, SSL, even search for a word on a page.

We just had a whole Facebook Live today (posted on the BigRedSEO website) and the core item that drove the chat was UptimeRobot - no idea why I hadn't mentioned it on here.

Weird, I don't know why I didn't mention "UptimeRobot.com" as a tool that we used to use in the past. While it's not going to monitor CPU usage and other features, it will monitor if the MySQL is responding, ping, SSL, even search for a word on a page.

We just had a whole Facebook Live today (posted on the BigRedSEO website) and the core item that drove the chat was UptimeRobot - no idea why I hadn't mentioned it on here.

The trouble with UptimeRobot.com is the amount of false positives you get from them.
The could have 300 monitoring stations monitoring your site/server and if just 1 of these stations were to timeout then according to UptimeRobot your site/server was down.
What was the turning point making me leave them was they knew about the amount of false positives and they would say we can guarantee these would stop if you upgraded to the Pro plan.
To me that implies they are purposely creating false positives to try and force users to take out their paid plans

Last edited:
If you search a good instrument for monitoring of your own work, MyTOP is recommended and innotop . Many used MyTOP for the daily aims of monitoring, but then go across to innotop, as he represents many more statistical data and to information, including important operations.

I use uptimerobot and hetrix tools. Both run well and I also love uptimerobot app they have for iphones. A lot of people are talking about Nagios. I might try them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys