Server monitoring software

jessichg

Hello,

I have used before Nagios server monitoring but I did not like it....

Can anyone suggest server monitoring software for cpanel server?

Thanks

I've used many over the years (Uptime Doctor, Pingdom, StatusCake, etc.) and I ended up using HetrixTools.

I've used it for several years now and I would recommend it.

Can't really beat Hetrixtools. Although I've recently stumbled across Stackmonitor.io, which seems to have nice features.

I've been using Zabbix for ages, but from my experience it takes quite a lot of time to configure (properly) a monitored server, leading to skip some checks or not keeping it up to date when the infrastructure changes.
To my lazy customers I prefer suggesting PRTG, it's Windows based so probably most of you will turn up their nose , but it more handy and easy to use...

it takes quite a lot of time to configure (properly) a monitored server
No, no it doesn't.

Setting up a monitored server takes less than 5 minutes, the first time . After that, it's as simple as cloning the server and changing the necessary variables (IP, dns, ssh port if you're monitoring that). That's about a 30 second job.

Zabbix already has all the templates in and ready to go for monitoring everything from SMTP to web servers. You just need to assign them to the server itself, which is easily done.

Setting up a monitored server takes less than 5 minutes, the first time . After that, it's as simple as cloning the server and changing the necessary variables (IP, dns, ssh port if you're monitoring that). That's about a 30 second job.
If you have identical servers with a plain LAMP stack agree.If you need to monitor specific databases (elastic, mongo, postgres), containers, and/or specific services, you're not gonna take 5 minutes :)

Netdata. It's pricey now after their recent price increases but it's a case of installing the monitoring agent which automatically discovers everything on the server from RAID setup, containers, VMs, software, hardware and starts monitoring. All monitoring aspects already have pre-defined alerting levels which have mostly been perfect out of the box for us, there are only a couple of thresholds we've had to change.

+1 on Zabbix too, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RackMaster