Serious problems with Plesk, moving to CWP

webling

Since moving to Plesk I have encountered countless problems. I have another server that had no control panel on it so I installed CWP (CentOS Web Panel). The installation went flawlessly and it is compatible with cPanel.

It looks like it does everything I need and I transferred one domain to it for testing purposes. I logged into the user end also after setting up hosting plans and it's very intuitive unlike Plesk that is not very intuitive.

Plesk is too "busy" also and the default settings hinder normal operation. Although as I posted in another thread it has improved a lot, but there are many complications as well.

I considered using DirectAdmin but that is no longer free. With CWP being totally free I will donate to them to support this project.

I'll have more info once I have used it a bit.

I should mention that the biggest problem I had with Plesk is wordpress had a lot of problems running on it. Also, I could not make scripts work that required MySQL.

We had tried Plesk, however it has never been our favorite, starting from the days of their own domain based pricing (which still continues) to not being as intuitive as cPanel.

Currently we are exploring DirectAdmin and Interworx to see how they perform

Never tried CWP but I'm a bit afraid of security flaws on it since it is free, the developers don't have the time to work full time on it and fix everything.

Directadmin is awesome, it is secure and has all required features.

Never tried CWP but I'm a bit afraid of security flaws on it since it is free, the developers don't have the time to work full time on it and fix everything.

Directadmin is awesome, it is secure and has all required features.

I agree on that. DirectAdmin is very reliable and offers a lot of advanced features too.

I should mention that the biggest problem I had with Plesk is wordpress had a lot of problems running on it. Also, I could not make scripts work that required MySQL.

Even though Plesk is a popular control panel it is not much as flexible as cPanel and for its managing interface and hosting options that they are providing.

But I was not aware of any problems reported with the normal operations for websites and CMS like softwares on Plesk. What exact connectivity issue you were facing with MySQL while running a word press website?.

If you are 100% sure that it is not curable then you can opt DirectAdmin, which is a good option next to cPanel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft