Selling a high ranked domain

Westpoint

How much would you sell a PR-4 domain name with a fully developed website? I know it would also depend on the name value, but what if it's not a factor?

I dont think there is any reasonable way to guess at pricing what you have asked with such limited information.

I dont think "pr" has a factor that adds anything of value, theres no way to tell if the site is well designed and programmed, and no notion of what the content of the site is.

All content goes with it? It'll depend on the content and nature of the site I guess. For me, I'd not be interested in a site that is about Nascar Tires, but I might take it if it was about Toe Nail Polish (more women buy online than men). Other factors such as the number of links coming to the site, the type of sites linking, if the site has ever done any banner advertising, adsense, clickbank - if it's been banned from any of them too. Age of the domain will play a factor too.

The site is worth what you can get for it. You might want to visit Flippa and see what they'll offer. A PR4 is not the determining factor on price. It's handy to have Page Rank numbers when looking to sell advertising, but that's from years ago now. True marketers don't look at PR much any more - it's all about content and the value of links.

Thanks, I agree that Page Rank is not so important as it used to be. Though, many advertisers and advertising companies still take it into account when purchasing ad space on your website.

Most of the people that want to buy my sites still ask me first for the PageRank. That is how many people are up to date with accurate information.

That is a good point Zagor. In many cases your website pagerank and Alexa traffic rank are the two main factors to consider when someone is purchasing your website.

I would look at how many quality links it has in the search engine along with the quality of content.

I would look at how many quality links it has in the search engine along with the quality of content.

Of course it also is a good point. I agree with you about taking quality of the content into consideration, but how do you tell how many quality links a website has?

One person might offer X while another offers Y, it depends what the buyer wants the site for. It's just like any other collectible out there that you are selling, to the right person it could be worth more than even you (or we) think.

I think Alexa rank is more valuable than page rank. I know people who would buy website and don't care about the content as long as it has high alexa rank.

What is the revenue of the site. Usually the price is the revenue/month*12.

I don't monetize the website that much yet. I just put some Adsense ad units and posted reviews on affiliate products on the website. Thanks for the info though, I didn't know that it's the way of setting the price.

It depend upon daily visitors or website . One can't purchase a site only for page rank. Anyway 1000$ is enough for PR 4 website.