Search for European Reseller (urgent help)

hollywood

Hi all
as you know I search for a Reseller in European Countries ! (first option uk)

PLEASE If you KNOW any Good Reseller in europe, write their website for me

PLEASE DON'T WRITE ADVERTIS OR ....... (Because i don't want my topic become close)

Please don't write: why you want European servers !(as alot of people ask it, one time i said that in other topic)

i searched in net a lot and i couldn't found a good reseller at all !
all of them told me dedicated server ! :(
i don't want dedicate it's not good for my work now.

again Please Help me
Thanks in advance

clook.net has servers in UK, so does myacen.com. To find out what other poeple have said about these companies try a search at webhostingtalk.com. For some reason, at the moment I can't remember any other companies with servers in the UK.

I've heard only good things about FastHost.co.uk and I really like their packages. Not the cheapest packages around, but definitely worth looking at. I found their TOS quite demanding though (if I remember correctly) so I moved to Globat (which is unfortunately in America and not reseller!)...

Good luck finding a host for yourself!
~Equinox

Hi friends
many thanks for links and info :)
:x

i found :
http://www.beamhost.co.uk/dev/virtual-private-servers-info.php (ofcourse vps)
that was good
for fasthosts i have to say we have one site 1gig db !
and the features is :
300 MB MySQL database !!! for 5gb space and now in each month 50 gig band used

http://myacen.com/resellers.html
Platinum plan is good too !

http://www.clook.net/services/resellers.php !!!!
GREAT !
most probably i'll choose it (rs-4 plan)
by the way see www.clook.info they have forums :)

what's your idea about clook and the other one ?
what do you think ?
Best Regards

Last edited:
i shoked when i ask about cpu (reseller plan in clook.net)
P4 2.8 !!!

Dear Sir
I want more information about Cpu and Ram and server of RS-4 (Reseller Plan)

Best Regards

Ashghal

Posted on 20 Jan 2005 07:18 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i want add another question about support,
how long a day we can contact with admin ?

if i found your company great that i sure about it, i'll buy an account from Clook company.
sorry if my english is not good

Best Regards

Alec

Posted on 20 Jan 2005 10:05 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

All of our servers are different, but our latest servers feature the following:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (Prescott) (800FSB 1MB Cache)
CPU Speed: 2.8 Ghz
RAM: 2 GB DDR RAM
Storage: 1 x 74 GB 10k rpm SATA HD
Backups: 1 x 80 GB 7.2k rpm SATA HD

Support is availiable 24x7x365 and normally we answer all support tickets within 15 minutes :)

Regards,
Alec Baker
www.clook.NET

Ashghal

Posted on 20 Jan 2005 10:50 PM

e ! :(
i thought cpu should be xeon !
if you change cpu with xeon 2.2 or 2.4 how much money we have to pay ? (extra)

Regards

Ashghal

Posted on 20 Jan 2005 10:57 PM

can i ask which package use Xeon cpu ?
because i read ""Intel Pentium 4 - Xeon"" !!!

http://www.clook.net/info/technology.php
i found this link reseller page !

Alec

Posted on 20 Jan 2005 11:15 PM

Hi,

Just because a proccessor is not an Xeon does not mean that it is not quality. Both chips are made by the same company and you personally would not be able to tell a difference. However, we do use some Xeon chips on servers.

CPU: Dual (x2) Intel Xeon
CPU Speed: 2 x 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 1 GB DDR RAM
Storage: 2 x 80 Gb 7,200 rpm IDE Hard drives

We could try to fit you in on one of the Xeon servers, but I will need to have Jim confirm that with you.

Regards,
Alec Baker
www.clook.NET

Jim

Posted on 21 Jan 2005 12:12 AM

Our latest uk based server is a dual xeon, 2 gb ram, raid 5 hdd: http://www.clook.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2863

Why is this important to you though? On shared hosting like this clients should be concerned more about server uptime and stability than the make/brand of cpu. As an example (and this is not the case with us), would you rather be on a overloaded xeon server or underloaded celeron?

Regards,
Jim

Ashghal

Posted on 21 Jan 2005 02:42 AM

Dear Alec
First Thanks for answer
second !
after i read your post i understod that you mean Xeon server haven't any special difference from P4 !!!
if you think in this way please change my p4 CPU to Xeon 2.8 without request extra money.it's impossible !
you knew Xeon CPUs and me in some how know it.if you want i can write most important diffrences between Xeon and a P4 for you.
but imagine a p4 2.8 server that in each month at least use 50 gig bandwidth and most of the data must read from RAM !
I Prefer have a REAL MULTI-PROCESSOR CPU with good memory rather than having p4 2.8.
I think Servers Must have some Diffrenec from a single computer,specially if server share with 6 or 10 persons !

Dear Jim
Thanks for Link and info but as i know Xeon Processors are much more stabile and Faster than a P4 and if server have this Features most probably they can ran programs better than a p4 and eventually they can give us a better Uptime !
And Ofcourse I wont choose Overloaded Xeon at all and wont choose p4 2.8 too.

I write this answers because i read alot about your excellent services (apart from some down time that servers had) and good support and i don't want waste your time by writing some questions.In this Reason if possible for you write have much money i should spend for having this reseller plan in Greenwood :
6 GIG space
90 Gig
private lable
no limite for pop,mysql,domain,.....

Thanks for Support and Answers

Best Regards

Jim

Posted on 21 Jan 2005 01:12 PM

Hi,

There are hosts who only use Xeon servers who's uptime levels are around 97%. There are other hosts who use P4's but have 99.99% uptime. Which would you rather host with?

Regards,
Jim

!!!!
Unusual for me !

Are you kidding me?

Is he really suggesting that if a host uses Xeon servers that their uptime is lower?

That has to be the most ridiculous implication I have ever seen. Forget the fact that the host should never question what's important to the client.

Unbelievable.

For me was strang too !!!

end of story :

Posted on 21 Jan 2005 03:00 PM

We aim for uptime and stability on our servers on ALL servers. It should not be an issue for resellers whether their server is a P3, P4, Xeon, Opteron or whatever as long as uptime, speed and stability is great. This is what we aim for on all servers.

Regards,
Jim

Ashghal

Posted on 21 Jan 2005 03:08 PM

Thanks for fast answer
let me check other webhosting companies in UK and consult with me friends and then choose one of them.

Regards

For the first time in my life i heard xeon is a p3 !(indirectly)

Last edited:
Guys, what he's saying is (basically) that a host can choose to have a P3 and put 10 resellers on it, a P4 and put 20 resellers or a dual Xeon and put 30 resellers (just some made-up numbers, it doesn't really matter).

In the end stability and performance would be similar for the end user (reseller).

Is he really suggesting that if a host uses Xeon servers that their uptime is lower?
No Mark, he was only suggesting that a dual xeon can be badly managed or overcrowded and perform worse than an underloaded, well managed P3.

It should not be an issue for resellers whether their server is a P3, P4, Xeon, Opteron or whatever as long as uptime, speed and stability is great.
I agree with him.

imagine if one or three of reseller use bandwidth and ram alot, in this situation you couldn't have speed,stability,uptime,... !
and they should use xeon becuase when some one choose 90 gig bandwidth plan they should be have lot's of activity and so on !

and my surprise was that our xeon server is powerful ! ((and this is not the case with us))
i search for other UK host :(

In my reply detailed above I was just making the point that the server spec is not the be all and end all of service levels such as uptime, website speed, etc. I can give you real world examples of hosts who use the latest and greatest server specs (dual xeon/opteron) yet pack accounts on them like sardines and their uptime is abysmal. On the flip side I can give real world examples of hosts which have Pentium 3's but put a sensible number of accounts on there and acheive 99.95-99.99% uptime on a yearly average.

As any host will know, it's impossible to set hard and fast rules on how many accounts will go on a particular server but we, as with many others I suspect, aim to keep *all servers* stable, fast and reliable for all users so do not overload any (far from it). We have reseller accounts pushing 100 GB transfer on P4 servers without problems because that server isn't overloaded.

It must be remembered that this is a shared hosting environment and at no point should any account be monopolising server resources such as CPU and RAM on a consistent basis whether the machine is a P4 or Xeon. For example, if one script or account consistently uses 85% CPU resources on a P4 it may use 70% CPU resources on a Xeon but the website clearly needs a dedicated server so there is no benefit to being on a Xeon server or leaving to look for another reseller account where the server is using more powerful kit.

hollywood is correct when saying:

if one or three of reseller use bandwidth and ram alot, in this situation you couldn't have speed,stability,uptime

... in the above situation, those 1-3 resellers should be looking at dedicated servers or VPS's because if 1-3 reseller accounts resulted in that server struggling with resources (whether P4 or Xeon) we'd have a situation on our hands which would need dealing with to keep the server stable for the other resellers.

I apologise to hollywood if my replies didn't get my point across properly. As mentioned, our newer servers are of very high spec (dual xeon, raid5, etc) which suits your requirements but I wanted to put to bed a faily common misconception I sometimes see (better server spec = better uptime & speed). As most probably realise, I certainly wasn't saying that Xeon servers = lower uptime :D

Dear Jim
Thank you very very much for going in detials.I thought that you believe that Xeon servers aren't good servers and having a P4 is better.
Sorry Jim that i couldn't get your info exactly.

Unfortunately, i decide buying a reseller plan from a US becuase i couldn't found a UK reseller with features that i want but i found in US a company with good reseller plan and abit cheaper than others.(money is not that much important for me)

They have good REPUTE (same as clook in UK) and they have 4gb ram and Xeon 2.8 servers.(because i don't want advertise their company, i on't say the name of it until i tested their hosting for 6 or 9 month)

Best Regards

because i don't want advertise their company, i on't say the name of it until i tested their hosting for 6 or 9 month
Well, I'm looking forward to read a nice detailed review then. :)