Sales Help

Xavion

Hello,
Xavion is a newly established corporation, our sales team was wondering if you guys know any good places for advertising.

Thank you,:D

Advertising hosting?

From what I've read on the popular forums its very tough and not always a good idea to compete for hosting on hosting forums and going local is a better idea.

Thank you very much for the idea. We will try that, I'll keep you posted on results. Once again thanks.

EvilHaider said:
Advertising hosting?

From what I've read on the popular forums its very tough and not always a good idea to compete for hosting on hosting forums and going local is a better idea.
Like he said... "go local before you go global".

northtrex said:
Go local is not always possible. In this case I recommend you to find something different to offer.
I'm not sure I understood your post....are you saying quit now and offer a different service....or?

Local is the best place to start, if you try competing on price on the net you'll find you begin to lose money fast. Build yourself a strong local client foundation so you can fund those advertising campaigns on the global scale, or else you'll begin in the red, with not many clients to replenish your wounded bank account. :D

Try to stay out of debt as much as you can when you begin - it can come back to haunt you later if you're not careful.

I think northtrex talks about a unique selling proposition. Something that makes you different from the other hosts. Don't try to be everything for everybody. Usually it's not possible. Instead, try to be the best option for some people (your niche).

Good luck!

Last edited:
ldcdc said:
I think northtrex talks about a unique selling proposition. Something that makes you different from the other hosts. Don't try to be everything for everybody. Usually it's not possible. Instead, try to be the best option for some people (your niche).

Good luck!

I agree. You may even try to target a specific industry to start. Its an easier way to target companies. If you can offer something specific for them, it will help differentiate you. Even on a local scale, you can try and target specific buisnesses like attorneys, accountants, real estate co's, etc.

Hit up the local market first as it seems you are planning. Then once you'd established a solid foundation of local clients, begin to spread out and perhaps put some of that money into advertising on a few websites. Since you are a new company, I'd suggest that you stay clear of the hosting forums and related websites where you will see loads of other host companies advertising. You're not going to compete to well with established companies at such an early point.

The niche idea is a very good one. Try to find a different point that maybe other hosts don't offer. I currently do technical support for a company that only caters to the open source community. He's built quite a sucessful firm by catering to the CMS crowd and not just being another face the in the crowd.

Thanks for clearing that up :D

Find a niche, and build a solid foundation from it. Standing out in the crowd of some 10,000!! hosting companies in the world is tough to do, but not everyone offers everything - that is where you can specialize.