RTO Dedicated Servers

GordyMac

I am looking for a hosting company that sells dedicated servers. They most RTO (Rent to own) and have good rates. Also must allow IRC on their network for the time the server is located with them. My friend and I were looking at RTO a box and then colocate it somewhere else possibly or keep it in the same datacenter, depending on the rates and connections and such.

Gordy,

It's nice to think of the option of eventually being able to own the server. However the likely hood of finding a good company that would do that, sad to say is very unlikely.

Last Rent to Own place I heard of was an additional $100 a month on top of the monthly fee with a 1 year contract. So that comes out to $1200. Lemme tell ya a AMD athlon 1800, 256mb memory, 40 gig drive, 100mbit nic does not cost $1200.... maybe $4-500. So with that $1200 you wasted doing a rent to down... you could of purchased 2-3 of those machines.

If you need help getting parts... let me know. I can check my distributors sites and see whats out there.

Yeah, after that discussion with you last night, I would probably go with buying a server from someone, such as yourself, and colocating it inside of a datacenter, unless of course I found a good, affordable RTO datacenter that did not take me a year to pay for the box.

I build servers with midtower cases instead of rack cases which saves a lot of
money. I can sell you one with 1.4 celeron, 500 megs ram, 60 gig hard drive for
$400 and colocate it for $99. Or $150 per month for 8 months.
newwebsite.com

Floyd