Review - arvixe.com

bunnykins

Some time back I had posted a topic about having strange arcade issues and I mentioned in that thread that I had tried a completely different host based on what the arcade support staff were telling me. Arvixe is the host I chose for this experiment to see if it was truly a host issue. I also chose them because it has mentioned on another thread that they are not like other unlimited hosts.

They are able to run my site, to a point. Comparing it to cloudweb.com they do have some draw backs. First they do limit things a lot greater then cloudweb. Both show these limits in the cpanel. Like the cpu, memory, and I/O limits. However they display them differently but basically shows you the same info. Unlike when I was using cloudweb I reach these limits a lot more often which has actually resulted in a major drop in traffic to the site. I was getting an average of 1000 page views a day now I am getting 350 on average. The site is not slow though so they are able to run the site.

I have had a lot more outages as well. One was planned as they were doing some server work which they emailed me about before doing it. The other 2 outages were not planned and I think they said in the support ticket that all the files became read only or something along those lines. I didn't have any outages with cloudweb. I can show pingdom info if you want more details.

I can not say they are terrible or any thing like that. The support does get back to me about as fast as cloudweb although I did notice that the live support is not as helpful as opening a ticket. Then again live sales didn't know exactly what I was talking about when I was talking about cpu and memory limits. I even showed them a screen shot of what the limits looked like on cloud web and at that time I was told they didn't have limits like the ones I was showing them. However as mentioned above they do it just looks different and the limits are lower. Which seems to be a standard for unlimited hosts at least from the ones I have tried and this is no exception. I know that the limits are to protect their servers from one site taking the whole sever down. It just seems they are lower for unlimited hosts as apposed to none unlimited hosts.

They do have ssh/ sftp which cloudweb does not so that is a plus specially with how big my site is. I mean ftp only shows a limited amount of files although I did have cloudweb raise the limit so I could see all the files but it is just easier to use sftp as it has no file limit so making back ups via ftp are better and actually get all the files. There were actually times on cloudweb were a back up didn't have all the files because of this.

Over all I would say they are not a bad host. Probably equal to my experience with another host called hostcolor (I think they have an account here). Which I have been wanting to try again as I do not remember much about them. Just that this host has the same feeling I remember from that host.

Hello Bunnykins,

First of all thanks for the honest review.

You mention resource limitations in there a few times, I'd be confident in saying 99% of unlimited hosting providers out there have limitations like these (And the ones that don't are the ones you SHOULD run from!). Hosting has changed since 10 years ago, with the advances in technology resulting in huge drives & very cheap bandwidth, we simply limit packages on the resources that really do matter (the ones mentioned in your thread).

It is very strange that you couldn't get the resource information on live chat, could you forward me your live chat transcript (alex.ali@arvixe.com) or provide me with a chat ID to have reviewed?

Again thanks for the honest review!

That was over a month ago and before I signed up so I doubt I still have the transcript. I think the person I was talking to was just confused as I sent him or her a screen shot of the limits I have with cloudweb. That might have confused the person because they look a lot different then yours. However they do show the same info. Oh and yours has graphs cloudweb does not have graphs.

That was over a month ago and before I signed up so I doubt I still have the transcript. I think the person I was talking to was just confused as I sent him or her a screen shot of the limits I have with cloudweb. That might have confused the person because they look a lot different then yours. However they do show the same info. Oh and yours has graphs cloudweb does not have graphs.

If you happen to remember the chat ID or have a transcript feel free to send it over to me so we can see what exactly happened. Like you said it may have just been a case of misunderstanding / confusion.

2 issues today. Which is making me a bit worried.

KBL-342-79253 - ticket number of first issue.

VTR-733-49457- ticket number of second issue.

Last edited:
Arvixe is a big company. There are many sites on a server. In order to create more profit, they have to limit the resource and kicker out the heavy usage user. Because they have a lot of Ads and user recommend them. They don't need you and also can survive without affect.

They are able to run my site, to a point. Comparing it to cloudweb.com they do have some draw backs. First they do limit things a lot greater then cloudweb. Both show these limits in the cpanel. Like the cpu, memory, and I/O limits.
Thanks for the review. I had considered going with Arvixe for a side project some time ago. What are the IO limits?