reselling programs effective?

yoni

How do you find your reselling programs in the past year?
Effective or not effective for increase activity?

We've seen an increase in the take up of our reseller accounts. We can't really comment of how well the customers of ours are doing, as I don't know their other costs or cashflow, but many customers are upgrading so things appear to be going well.

Resellers are doing pretty good, I'm pretty big on getting clients set up with reselling VPS's etc, and a good number of orders etc are popping up. So I'm assuming everything is going well.

What about yourself?

I've used my fair share of reseller accounts however I prefer a VPS where I can control the hosting a little bit more.. on that same note, I've seen people not want that sort of power / control..

I've used my fair share of reseller accounts however I prefer a VPS where I can control the hosting a little bit more.. on that same note, I've seen people not want that sort of power / control..

If one is just starting out I would normally recommend starting with a reseller. It does not offer as much control but it is much more cost effective for sure. For under $20/m one can be fully setup with a free billing system, control panel full of licensed software and have that properly managed. On a VPS, well, good luck getting the server itself for $20/m with a proper control panel then, add all the additional licensing fees and it really adds up.

I do agree with Alex - Arvixe, If you want to start your hosting business you can start with a reseller account with a free billing system, but you can find some providers offer reseller account from about just $2/m then when your business grow up you can upgrade to VPS or
dedicated server.

if you decide to take alex's advice make sure the reseller service is white-labeled other wise no one will buy it

You can still get clients even if people know you're a reseller. In fact, some like the honesty it just depends on who you're targeting.

With that said, most if not all 'reputable' reseller providers offer whitelabel reseller hosting.

Reseller hosting have large number of singup in last few month, Seems like industry which slow down in last few month weak up again :)

Customers tends to purchase reseller packages rather than vps or dedicated server if reseller packages can fulfill their requirements in terms of resources and support.

A good reseller program empowers resellers to operate successful businesses.

If you can empower people, your reseller program will be a winner.

We have had a definite slow down. Nothing like it once was.

We will keep finding extras to bring in new people that want an easy way to make extra money.

My guess is no one wants to be involved, they like turnkey solutions like wild west domains. I'm just the opposite of this.

We have had a definite slow down. Nothing like it once was.

We will keep finding extras to bring in new people that want an easy way to make extra money.

My guess is no one wants to be involved, they like turnkey solutions like wild west domains. I'm just the opposite of this.

What extras have you implemented so far?

I took a look at your reseller packages as if I'm being honest, I don't really find them very competitive. If you're unable to make them more competitive (and they're really not converting for you), maybe it'll be best if you stick to a reseller package yourself and just sell standard shared hosting?

That'll keep your costs down and enable you to really progress with your business.

I mean looking at your THE RESELLER package which costs $18.99, with a coupon we can offer something just under that price coupled with higher disk space/bandwidth limitations, free domain, free SSL, free WHMCS, no cPanel account limits, no database limits and the list just goes on. Not bashing you/your company here, just some friendly advice which I hope you will find useful.

If it works for you then great, stick with it but if not, it might be worth considering what I've said.

also dwhs you need to proof read.
take your reseller page and 'The Reseller' you state 20 GB DISK SPACE and 400 GB BANDWIDTH but if you scroll down to the compare list then this changes too 25 GB DISK SPACE and 300 GB BANDWIDTH, even 'The Advanced' gives different details

Unfortunately we are in the beginning of the way and still have a little share of reseller hosting market. But newbie clients who look forward to setup a very small hosting business look for very cheap reseller services. They really take care of price more than quality and reliability. We have tried to offer very high quality reseller service at very affordable prices but have not got feedback from them yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys