reseller questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrox

i was wondering if anyone has any experiences of http://www.haleyhosting.com (at the moment alot of there links are down.)

They offer a UNLIMITED space and bandwidth reseller account for $30 dollars a month.

I my opinion and i read somewhere on this that there is NO such thing as UNLIMITED.

How can someone offer such a package when there is always a liimit. You buy a server with 80gb storage and 800gb bandwidth then thats your limit surely. UNLESS yoover sell the space which im sure would have a negative result on the performance of the webspace and other peoples webspace that is hosted on the same server.

Anyone that has any experincse's of harleyhosting please post so i can see if the response is good or bad.
:box:

Personally I wouldn't even waste my time looking for reviews.

Why would you even consider using a host that blatently lies to you on their own pages?
There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth or unlimited disk space therefor they are lying.
They are also a reseller of integrityhost.com which is a joke in itself.

Combine all that with the fact their site doesn't work and I would see no reason to even consider them.

Thanks for the advise it lloks as though they arent worth even considering. As i thought as much but these cheap prices are half tempting. I suppose you get what you pay.

Matrox, there is nothing wrong with cheap prices, it's what they offer for the cheap prices.

One of the main problems I've seen with people who are shopping for hosting is the way they approach the search.
The vast majority of people go with the philosophy of "I have X amount of money to spend, I'm going to get as much as I can for it". This inevitably leads to people falling for offers that are too good to be true.

The best way to approach shopping for a host is to first determine realistically what your needs are. When you have determined what they are, then go shopping for a host that can provide that within your budget. That way you don't leave yourself as open to the many scams that are prevalent in this industry.

Cheap prices - Bad quality arn't always linked. You can get fine hosting from a kid with a dedicated server with no support. You rarely need support if you know what you're doing and your site isn't mission critical which is unlikely or you would probably go to a higher end market host. If you can wait for the kid to get up to fix the problem (assuming he's not at school) you will be fine.

However the fact that they offer "Unlimited Bandwidth" I would avoid them, if they lie before you even pay for the hosting then they arn't trustworthy/worth the time.

Read the TOS/AUP to find their true definition of "unlimited". You'll probably end up finding something along the lines of "your account will be suspended if you create too much server load" etc etc. Unlimited simply doesn't exist, there is always a catch.

Here is a good article that intricately explains unlimited bandwidth for what it really is: http://www.whreviews.com/unlimited-bandwidth.htm

And to sum up "unlimited bandwidth" quickly:

Its unmetered over a 28.8 modem...use as much as you want! Over 100,000 customers and growing all on one server!

Blue said:
Personally I wouldn't even waste my time looking for reviews.

Why would you even consider using a host that blatently lies to you on their own pages?
There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth or unlimited disk space therefor they are lying.
They are also a reseller of integrityhost.com which is a joke in itself.

Combine all that with the fact their site doesn't work and I would see no reason to even consider them.
how did you find them?

Unlimited just means you can use as much as you want, it doesnt mean you can use 50,000 GB a month. Because its impossible.

I want to use 50,000 gb a month and this is definitely possible. But not for $8.

Unlimited means that the customer will get as much bandwidth as the host wants to give.

Unlimited is such a scam, it would be nice if CNN would do a story on it so that the mass public is more aware of it.

Well guys and gals your are right. There is no such thing as an unlimited harddrive. When we sell and unlimited account (witch were not doing anymore) we pretty much hoping the user is not going to use that much. You just have to remember to to over sell to much or your servers will become over crouded. When people buy unlimited account they are pretty much just paying for the option. on an average people are using aroung 100 megs a site. We are getting away from the whole unlimited thing. We are making more money just selling regular accounts. And were not some flyby night company. we have been up for over a year now and things are looking pretty promising. It does really suck to see other people using the same template. But it works for now. I hope this clears up some stuff.

If your tired of your current design, my friend <<MOD NOTE: unnecessary information removed>> can make you a great design, at a very affordable price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can discuss unlimited hosting in another thread if we really want to. Thread old enough to warrant a closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.