Reseller Accounts That Good?

aznkid14

Are reseller accounts really anything useful? Who can make money from a reseller, in my opinion if you plan on getting a reseller you should just get a dedicated server where the whole server is yours. What are your thoughts?

Resellers are good for new businesses. Once they get going and have customers, then they should but a dedicated server.

Resellers are very beneficial for people such as web designers who don't have the time or ability to manage a server. With a reseller account, they will be able to provide hosting for their customers and be able to make some extra revenue.

A lot of hosts started as resellers.....including HostRocket.

A reseller packages allows you to get your feet wet without spending too much time or effort troubleshooting servers issues, etc.

In addition, ANY business should try to keep costs as low as possible, in order to maximize profits....a reseller account allows you to do that.

Once you have built your revenue stream to where you can afford a server of your own, and still live comfortable, then only then should you jump for a dedicated server.

Of course, if you have the capital to go with a dedicated server from the beginning, then you should go dedicated right away. Another alternative is to set that capital aside, go with a reseller plan, and then once your own revenue is built, etc go with a dedicated server, and either use that capital in other aveneues of your business, or simply give it back to the investor (if it was a loan)

The average person going into a web hosting business with a very low budget would quickly run into problems getting a dedicated server right off the bat. A decent dedi will cost at least $150 per month while you can get a reseller account from a reliable company for as little as $15 per month. Im sure you can work out the math...

from starting a hosting company not have good amount of customers so they not able to afford server bills. So from starting i recommend a hosting provider start with reseller plan or VPS. When get good response go for Dedicated solution.

Like me :shh:

A reseller account also has other advantages. For instance you can quickly spread your customers accross several servers. This helps, if disaster strikes one server only a limited amount of clients are affected. It would also allow you to offer multiple control panels.

Also, if you don't know server administration reseller accounts can be great as well. And finally, you can make plenty of money from a reseller account. I have a reseller who has nearly as many clients as I have (accross several companies servers).

To start hosting Biz I will say reseller hosting will be better idea where you learn thing and at the same time you have your host support team to help you out so you got time to advertise yourself and just take care of your clients ... once a bit stable you can think for dedicated server as per requirement...

Yup, we started off on a reseller account from fdcservers if i recall. We now own 2 servers of our own.