Rackshack doing $5 domain names!!

BlackStorm

Rackshack have started offering domain names for $5!
They have .com .net .org .info .biz .us available.
its $5.41 when tax is included which is a lot cheaper than other domain sites.
You can only register the domain for one year and you can only register one name at a time.
I got a domain from them yesterday and the control panel is very basic but it does what you need.
I dont really need it except to change DNS and maybe create name servers if needed.

All in all this seems like a very good deal!

When you said you can only register for 1 year. Do you mean 1 year at a time or 1 year and then someone else gets it?

The control panel is the basic openSRS CP I believe. The reason for only being able to register for one year is most likely related to upcoming price increase.

I think it is a loss leader type of program to get more people to come to thier site. Just like selling QuickSSL certs for $25. Rackshack will probably increase pricing later, but still have very low prices.

Yeah it does allow you to create name servers and change your DNS.
Hasnt got much more than that though but thats the only thing i would ever need the domain management panel for anyway

I use 123reg.co.uk for my domain names. The price is about £7 for two years for a .co.uk domain and that includeds vat.

Dave can you change the DNS to your own name servers with 123reg?
What features do you get with them?
Thats really cheap for a domain..
Might check that out sometime, i just got a reseller account at eNom so i will probably end up registering all my domains through that from now on

I would say that if you prepayed in advance which RackShack is doing for both their domain names and their SSL certificates then you would be able to offer pricing like theirs. I know of one domain reseller website which I am currently working a deal with...it is called www.OnlineNic.com and all they want is for you to prepay in advance depending on what level you would like to begin with. Obviously I did start from the lowest level where you pay $79.90 and you get 10 domains at the rate of $7.99 each and then you could climb to the next level. They have only till about 100 domains where you get each domain for $6.69 but I am currently working a deal with them as mentioned earlier to get domains for $3.95/yr so I could sell it for a cheap price.

RackShack can afford to make this investment for their domains and SSL certificates...keep this in mind! :)

<!--QuoteBegin-FastNetServers+Oct 18 2003, 12:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FastNetServers @ Oct 18 2003, 12:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I would say that if you prepayed in advance which RackShack is doing for both their domain names and their SSL certificates then you would be able to offer pricing like theirs. I know of one domain reseller website which I am currently working a deal with...it is called www.OnlineNic.com and all they want is for you to prepay in advance depending on what level you would like to begin with. Obviously I did start from the lowest level where you pay $79.90 and you get 10 domains at the rate of $7.99 each and then you could climb to the next level. They have only till about 100 domains where you get each domain for $6.69 but I am currently working a deal with them as mentioned earlier to get domains for $3.95/yr so I could sell it for a cheap price.

RackShack can afford to make this investment for their domains and SSL certificates...keep this in mind! :) [/b][/quote]
That is truly the why rackshack got it very low b/c they paid advance with enow.

<!--QuoteBegin-FastNetServers+Oct 18 2003, 12:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FastNetServers @ Oct 18 2003, 12:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> www.OnlineNic.com [/b][/quote]
I try out onlinenic but the script suck & the price is good if you paid advance but what guarantee that you got that you going to sell alot domain name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8