PTR Records in Plesk

webling

Even though cPanel had a lot of good things, it was accessed through two different sites. With Plesk it's just one site so as I am moving around in there I'm feeling more confident now.

When I set up PTR records in WHM it was a bit tricky, but in Plesk I didn't have to add the in-addr.arpa with the backwards IP attached, Plesk did all the work. I just had to add the IP into the correct field. It kind of confused me at first because I was adding the arpa line in the domain field. But then later learned the field just can stay empty unless you want to have the IP resolve to a sub domain. So once I made it work it was easier than WHM. I've decided to keep the Plesk server since it's larger than what I actually thought in the beginning. But when I checked on the size of the Hard Drive it is quite a lot bigger than the cPanel server I had. I think my upstream provider does that because cPanel costs quite a bit more and they keep costs down that way.

The new server I installed CWP on is great. DNS in that is easier for me since I edit the files directly which works better with my brain. Now that I've been using CWP for a little while now I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't need a pretty control panel. But even on the client end CWP is pretty good and I found it very easy to use and intuitive. I'm not running client sites on it, only my own sites for now.Once I get enough customers to pay for the servers I have now I may consider putting a CWP server into production for customers. My concern at first was if it had webmail and it does. It has RoundCube which has been my choice for a long time.

Click DNS Settings.
Click Add Record.
In the Record type list box, select the type of record you want to create. In this case, select PTR.
Enter your IP address as in the example given and the domain name(optional) Click OK. Plesk creates the DNS record but does not activate it. Click Update.

Click DNS Settings.
Click Add Record.
In the Record type list box, select the type of record you want to create. In this case, select PTR.
Enter your IP address as in the example given and the domain name(optional) Click OK. Plesk creates the DNS record but does not activate it. Click Update.

I didn't say I wasn't able to do it, or that I didn't know how. I was just basically saying it is really different. I happened to score a 4.0 in tech school when I studied networking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft