Premium reseller account

footloose

I have tried many different hosts at different times. They have all started off well. But have invariably hit a point when they experience growing pains and it becomes a scramble to move before they fall over.

For this reason I consolidated all my low priority workshop sites on two servers. Companies offering an average to unacceptable service. But companies which are hopefully too big to fail.

When it comes to my paying clients however I need a consistently reliable service with above average support. I found and have been with a host who has provided me the service I require for the last eleven years. But the wheels are now wobbling. And I am concerned that a rationalisation in the market is putting the squeeze on the top dollar service providers and their service levels are slipping.

I am looking for a hosting company which offers an above average support and which has a proven track record. I want an established company that has already made all the mistakes that are to be made and one that has survived.

Who are the market leaders as far as support goes?

My current host is located in LA. I have a reseller account with 10 gig of disc space on a Linux platform.

I have tried many different hosts at different times. They have all started off well. But have invariably hit a point when they experience growing pains and it becomes a scramble to move before they fall over.

For this reason I consolidated all my low priority workshop sites on two servers. Companies offering an average to unacceptable service. But companies which are hopefully too big to fail.

When it comes to my paying clients however I need a consistently reliable service with above average support. I found and have been with a host who has provided me the service I require for the last eleven years. But the wheels are now wobbling. And I am concerned that a rationalisation in the market is putting the squeeze on the top dollar service providers and their service levels are slipping.

I am looking for a hosting company which offers an above average support and which has a proven track record. I want an established company that has already made all the mistakes that are to be made and one that has survived.

My current host is located in LA. I have a reseller account with 10 gig of disc space on a Linux platform.

Hi footloose,

This seems to happen to hosts when they overcrowd a server to the brim to the point where you start to see web site performance drop.

do you have a budget in mind?, because a premium service comes at a price.

i agree with packet3 on this.

But a Premier Service does not also come at a premium price, it all boils down to how a host manages their servers.

we never let our servers go over 70% capacity, this give enough without losing server performance, if needed we will move clients to other servers

well, i feel its not really hard to find a good host. if you need a good hosting.. the say is absolutely correct : What you Pay is What you get !

#1. Check Reviews
#2. Check & Compare Offers
#3. Dont Go fr Cheapest

You may still find some few providers that provide a premium service for affordable price, You may search for reviews on the selected hosting provider that may give you idea about its service and how their current clients feel about.

I suggest you to search for the hosting providers which are able to provide you high uptime , stable and speedy servers that should load your websites faster than other websites and more over able to provide excellent technical support.

I've been in this exact situation that's why I started my own hosting company dedicated to customers and service

I've been hosting for years and been through a lot ..... I mean a lot of issues with various hosts that are simple to fix. Hence starting alone

Some web hosts promise huge space and bandwidth because they know most customers don't use as nearly as they signed up with their hosting account. But if you really need an amount of space or bandwidth you thought you were entitled to, there might be a problem.

Ensure your host has CloudLinux or the equivalent and you are half way there.

Doesn't matter how big your server is, if a client/customer have a wayward script it can start eating up CPU and I/O bit time.

Just this week we had a customer who's cron job got kicked off every 5 minutes, despite that fact that it was taking 7 minutes plus to run. You can imagine what was happening after an hour or two.

Luckily CloudLinux helped keep their I/O and CPU Usage to a reasonable limit, so none of our other customers noticed.

Once they had reached 100 cron processes, their website was down, but eveyone else's was unaffected, as our machines have a minimum of 32 cores, so 1 of them max'ed out wasn't an issue.

If your host doesn't have CloudLinux, because they can't afford $10/month beware the host unless of course they have lots and lots of staff doing the same job that CloudLinux does. In which case I pity your wallet.

Last edited:
Web site hosting no longer needs to be a long and tedious search, so you need to do your best in order to choose the right web host.

I'd seriously talk with InclusiveHost - it can't hurt to ask them questions and gauge for yourself.

You could speak to Justin or Scott at bigscoots.com, been with them for several years and they are always available day and night.

Digital Ocean, Vultr, Linode, OVH, all this are the big dogs in town. When this companies fail, half of the world is over because we also depend from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys