Powermonster.net / cloudweb / birdhosting - review

bunnykins

I signed up for powermonster.net back in 2009. The hosting was originally just used for my blog and theme site that have both since been closed. I still use the hosting for my last remaining site that is an anime / arcade site. The site is called Otaku Playground and if you need the url for verification it is otakuplayground.com / otakuplayground.org.

I forgot when it happened but powermonster.net was bought out by birdhosting.com which I think actually owns about 5 hosts. The 3 in the title are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head. I was worried at first when they got bought out as I have had past hosts that got bought out that went really badly. This one was not like that at all. Well there was some minor hick ups but every thing was worked out in a timely manor. Which I was glad about and is why I am still with them.

I have not had all that many issues and most of the tickets I have opened have been for issues that I caused my self. Stupid mistakes and what not. Like way back in November I lost a lot of posts because some one got a hold of my computer and thought it would be funny to delete a bunch of posts on my site. Any way I didn't have a back up so I asked the host if they had one and they did. so I was able to gain some posts back but not all of them as the back up was made while the posts were being deleted. So it is a good idea to keep back ups although I knew that and didn't for some reason. I did learn also not to keep my self logged in. Specially on the computer I take with me.

Any way I really like this host and I actually signed up a second account with them under the cloudweb name. The support is the same. I was actually able to have them link the 2 account and even allow the 2 accounts to share sql databases. The only reason I have 2 is I needed a little more space. And because my powermonster.net account was a special life time account that has more space and bandwidth for the price I am paying I didn't want to upgrade that and loss the extra space. Basically I have the lowest account they offer on their site with the space and bandwidth of their top account, make that top shared account as I think they have a vps account. I am also using this other account to eventually switch over to vbulletin. So I am using the otakuplayground.net as the vbulletin test site.

When I get all done switching to vbulletin I will have the gallery on the powermonster account and the forum on the cloudweb account.