PLESK Reloaded (7.1)

Ber|Art

Hi, does anybody already installed PLESK Reloaded (7.1) on a production server? I hear that there are (again) so many bugs :mad: that I will wait for 7.1.1 at least. I am curiuos if somebody is running it without problems, Thx!

We have Plesk 7 Reloaded running on roughly 20-25 production servers currently. I know the installs dept. ran into a few snags at first but all is running well at this point. Have not had one complaint from any of our customers.

Thus far, I have seen reports of way too many bugs to even contemplate allowing reloaded on a production server.

I wouldn't touch it until they come into the higher releases.

7.1.2 was only released one week ago, in my opinion it is server-suicide to put that in a shared production environment, especially looking at the complaints @ the SWSoft forums, and speaking with two guys @ SWSoft, i don't think they themselves are even confident it's stable.

Stick with 7.0x for at least 3 month's, if you want a stable environment.

Simon

We're now running 7.1.2 on Fedora on a live server and very happy with it. sw-soft have fixed all of the issues we raised with the 7.1 version, and incorporated a few changes as requested.

They do have a habit of overwritting a few things if you get them to shell in and do direct support on the box - so a *BACKUP* of your config files is absoutely essential - a reinstallation/update to php put us back on default ini settings

Very "pretty" front end, customers like it and gives us little in the way of support beyond the usual "i've forgotten my password" and "how do i ..." type questions

Apart from some minor configuration tweaks during installation to the live servers all services are running normal. We have Plesk v7.1.6 installed and haven't heard anything from our customers.

I was just about to purchase a new Plesk 7 server, but now I think I will wait as I have been reading more about the problems.

Check out the new release of Plesk... I am sure it will amaze you in terms of functionality. I think it looks well promising!

Yup, new release, Plesk 7.5 .. we've upgraded our servers and simply more scripts and ability to add modules, etc.. Review the SwSoft site.