PHP Portals

DrenFeST

I am looking for a good, free, and reliable php portal for my site.
Anyone know of some good ones? I have found 1 that goes by the name of mobia, and am interested in looking for more b4 i make up my mind.
Thx, Dren

Yeah the invision portal is good, if your looking to pay then vBulletin also has a good one.

If your host has fantastico there are a few available for easy install through that and cPanel.

I havent used many other PHP portals though, postnuke was okbut its pretty advanced and a lot of people dont understand how to use and configure it

I've heard portals like PHPNuke and such can really be a hog on the server.. anyone know the truth behind this?

thanks alot all.
Unfortunately, i wont be putting one up for a VERY long time lol.
I was given a subdomain, but i dont have access to the sql databases or anything =(.
So that makes it really hard. guess ill just have to stick to html.

That could be a bit of a problem because most portals use a database and PHP so it wouldnt work if you could only use HTML.
For the space/bandwidth just take a guess at how much space your pages are using and for the bandwidth it probably wont be too much if you are only using HTML pages.
It is quite hard to judge if you have never had to do it before...

Well contact me, and we will discuss some type of hosting if you like, most likely for free.. just contact me so we can discuss this a bit deeper.

I knew that most portals required a SQL DB and PHP. I meant i would have to stick to using regular html pages for a while :) .
Thx gordymac. Try to catch me on msn (drenfest@hotmail.com) sometime so we can talk this out.