PC question: Nero

webfreak08

I have not used Nero for a very long time. Do I need it? Will I still be able to burn CDs/DVDs, listen to music on CDs and watch DVDs if I uninstall it?

I ask because I believe Nero to be causing a problem with starting the computer in Safe Mode.

I don't like Nero at all. Very bloated. I consider it to be the Norton of burning software.

To some extent you can burn using Windows native software but I find Alcohol 120% to be very good without over taxing the system.

I purchased Nero about a year ago and absolutely love it. I use it for everything: Data CD / DVD, DVD's, Music CD - you name it. I have had no issues with my computer after installing it.

I use different programs depending on what I'm burning. Primarily JetAudio for audio CDs and DVDFab for DVD and ISO disks. I do have a copy of Nero 7 that I use from time to time though. I like the included Nero Express but I do agree that outside of that, it is extremely bloated. The newer versions are even worse.

Dave

Nero used to be a wonderful and powerful application but I have to agree with the guy above it cause become to bloated and wizard like. Though I like a program with a lot of features and it's not like the program is terrible.