PayPal's IPN Goes Down

SolidShellSecur

How did it effect everyone? We actually ended up missing at least one order and had to go through paypal transaction logs and manually mark invoices as paid.

How did it effect everyone? We actually ended up missing at least one order and had to go through paypal transaction logs and manually mark invoices as paid.

As long as you entered the Transaction ID in WHMCS when manually adding payments, the PayPal IPN will credit the payments once it comes back online.

Also.. This issue has been resolved as of Jan 28, 1:50 AM PST (Jan 28, 9:50 AM GMT) according to PayPal. :thumbup:

i paid my litespeed invoice and then had to open a ticket to LS to have them manually set the invoice as paid. No clients invoices due to be paid until the 1st and no new orders today so no effected me in any other ways.

i paid my litespeed invoice and then had to open a ticket to LS to have them manually set the invoice as paid

We have been doing the same when paying invoices to ensure that we don't have suspensions. We never knew PayPal had IPN issues till we saw on WHT. No e-mails not nothing so others might not even know we made payments.

i am not a member of WHT. i found out by a tweet from someone i follow. so many weill not be aware as nothing on paypals own site or blog

When this happened we just monitored the paypal transactions coming in for new orders and manually added the transaction ID's to the client WHMCS profile so that they would get setup as fast as possible. Not so much of an issue for customers who are not starting their service as PayPal would send them to us when IPN was back online.