PayPal and credit card

gooooogle

I've noticed lately that a lot of places require you're paypal account to have a registered credit card to buy things with. I use paypal primarily because I don't have a credit card. Why do some places require a credit card?

I don't know for sure, but here's a guess:

To get a credit card, you have to pass some basic checks: your age, your income, your credit history, your ability to repay. If you have a credit card, there's a much better chance that you do have the ability to pay for whatever you may order - or at the very least, Paypal takes the money from your card and your card provider takes the money from your bank account / hide.

Signing up for a Paypal account is relatively easy. Even if you have a Paypal balance, that balance may or may not be secured. Sellers may be taking additional steps to protect themselves by requiring that your Paypal account have a credit card attached to that Paypal account.

The above is all pure speculation on my part. The logic seems solid, though.

My problem is I'm 18, unemployed, but I have money. Becasue I dont' have a job I can't get a credit card. So I find this very unfair. Of course I make money from hosting, but with out a job making around $600 a month I don't think you can get one.

Do you have a bank account with an institution that will give you an ATM check card? (I don't know if these are also restricted to over-18-year-olds, though.) Many hosting companies will accept those, same as a regular credit card. Paypal calls those check cards "credit cards", as well.