Order Verification Techniques

Maxmind is certainly a great help, but it also needs to be tied with other high-risk factors. Either way, we give our clients a chance. Our Customer Service Department provides further fraud checks on each flagged order and depending on the results we might make a simple phone or phone+ID verification for high-risk cases.

Of course many customers will understand that because that just shows the basic person that this company does take measures in preventing fraudulent activities and the ones usually complaining are the ones that intend to be unfair and abuse the service. Its like a natural selection at its best :D

Verification in this case is very important. There are many third party verification system providers in whmcs which can help you alot in this matter.

We're using Maxmind integrated in WHMCS. We don't set up accounts instantly as we manually check each new order based on the Maxmind score and some research on the net.

We use Maxmind too and really value its phone verification service. 99.9% of suspected fraud orders that meet the criteria to initiate a phone number check have resulted in a 'wrong phone number' status. This re-enforces the initial Maxmind risk assessment as good. You have the option to force phone verification by product ID but I'd imagine this could get very expensive.

Yes, I believe so. Based on the features listed.

Where is the feature list? The thread does not have one mention of MaxMind.

We use Maxmind too and really value its phone verification service. 99.9% of suspected fraud orders that meet the criteria to initiate a phone number check have resulted in a 'wrong phone number' status. This re-enforces the initial Maxmind risk assessment as good. You have the option to force phone verification by product ID but I'd imagine this could get very expensive.

A minimal fee compared to a $100+ dedicated server cost :).

Sounds interesting. Can this be tied with MaxMind so if fraud score is x+ then the fraud options will be present client-side?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost