Olympic games

If we are talking about summer Olympics then apart from swimming, I like tennis. The originality of the Olympic tennis draw versus regular ATP draw is that representatives of all countries are in the main draw. So some countries that do not have ATP-level players are represented by ITF level players, who would normally not get into any ATP level event. This presents an opportunity of a lifetime for those tennis players to experience what's it like to play in the main draw along with world's top players. Then it gets even more exciting when you see an ITF player beating an ATP player.

I enjoy them all for the most part. As with most of us, it's the only time we ever watch most of these sports, and what grabs me the most is how these athletes spend years training for the hope that it all comes together at this one climatic moment. It truly does become the thrill of victory for a select few, but for most it is the agony of defeat. You have to respect the time and effort they all put into it.

Olympic athletes are certainly to be respected for all the hard work and dedication they put into their respective sports. Is tennis still a sport? (just kidding, Artashes) I sort of like beach volleyball and I always root for the underdog.

I just wish the TV media would not think every person wants to watch sport etc. they have dedicated sports channels but decide to have this on terrestrial TV channels from 7am to 4am

I just wish the TV media would not think every person wants to watch sport etc. they have dedicated sports channels but decide to have this on terrestrial TV channels from 7am to 4am

There are only 500+ more channel options to choose from that don't have sports on with most services, surely you can find one to watch? :D

There are only 500+ more channel options to choose from that don't have sports on with most services, surely you can find one to watch? :D

not so many in the UK, but still they have dedicated sports channels, so why take up the whole of a terrestrial TV channel and its not just 1 terrestrial TV channel but it is on 3 terrestrial TV channels, so they take off regular TV shows for this.

why should the majority of people have to go search other channels because of this.

not so many in the UK, but still they have dedicated sports channels, so why take up the whole of a terrestrial TV channel and its not just 1 terrestrial TV channel but it is on 3 terrestrial TV channels, so they take off regular TV shows for this.

why should the majority of people have to go search other channels because of this.
The majority of people? :) I haven't seen one minute of the Olympics so far. I've read the headlines, so I'm keeping up with the results, but that's it. Most days now, I don't even turn on the TV except maybe to watch the UFC. I used to watch boxing, but it's just too tame now. LOL