Old Posts being bumped.

HWH Andrew

Is it just me or is near about all of the posts being replied to in the web hosting area from a minimum of 2 weeks old?

Not even noticing the time the first message had been posted, I replied to a thread since there had been 2 recent comments. After replying, I checked the first message which had been from Dec. 2nd, in which, the original poster had not responded the entire time.

Quite a few of the threads are being pushed to the top with out the repliers realizing it.

Leslie, thank you for your concern. This is in fact an issue that most forums deal with, us including. I don't like bumping very old threads, unless the information provided either adds new value or is still relevant today.

We also have a hack running warning members that are about to post in a very old thread to acknowledge and confirm their desire to proceed.

However, sometimes it is pure spam tactic to post in old threads just to get to a required minimal post count in order to advertise, which is treated like spam. In such cases we go through each post made by a member and delete posts that add nothing but fluff.

If you thing you have come across a post like that, please use the Report Post feature located at the top right corner (above the post) and we will look into it! It makes moderating and keeping quality discussions afloat a lot more easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8