No Support Linux Hosting - Shut Down

Yeah, there were 3 of them taken down over the weekend. What is annoying is that "No Support Linux Hosting" said that a hacker caused irreparable harm to the company so they care closing.

So... what, no backups? I guess with No Support people shouldn't be surprised.

Still, being hacked is not fun, but there SHOULD be a backup. What about leaving clients in the dark like that!

This is why I refuse to support any $1/month hosting company. It's just not worth it. Granted a $5/month or $30/month company can suffer the same fate, but a $1/month is definitely more likely "to go poof in the night".

Others say that the harm done to their brand is too high and they could never recover from it - I don't agree. They could easily come out shining on the other side about how they handled the situation.

No, he meant the provider named No Support Linux Hosting. http://www.nosupportlinuxhosting.com/
OK my misunderstanding, but i like this 'All customers should immediately download backups of their websites and databases through cPanel. How if their server are closed and compromised. as 9/10 the hackers to would placed files within all the websites on the server for them to gain access, so taking a backup of your site after the fact you will also be placing your new host servers at risk as you will also be migratiung the hackers files with your website

download backups of their websites and databases through cPanel. How if their server are closed and compromised.

Yup, and that's why I believe there's more to it than "we were hacked" as that wouldn't normally affect an entire company operation. Sure the server they were on with their billing information may be hacked and maybe they don't have a restore file for that (shame on them) but if client's accounts are still in operation, then it's just a matter of cleanup and contacting users etc.

The excuse and the reaction just don't match. Their domain has been around a long time, and it really picked up steam in May 2020 - so something else is happening that they're not sharing.

Yup, and that's why I believe there's more to it than "we were hacked" as that wouldn't normally affect an entire company operation. Sure the server they were on with their billing information may be hacked and maybe they don't have a restore file for that (shame on them) but if client's accounts are still in operation, then it's just a matter of cleanup and contacting users etc.

The excuse and the reaction just don't match. Their domain has been around a long time, and it really picked up steam in May 2020 - so something else is happening that they're not sharing.
I agree. If it was me then first i would inform clients of this issue and explain server will be taken offline to do a cleanup, at the same time i would have provisioned a new server with new IPs and as i cleaned each website i would move them to the clean server, then once all clean sites migrated inform client of new IPs/nameservers etc. and then reinstalled os on infected server. even if it meant giving clients a free months hosting, but i would not close down because of this.