Next Big Thing

Software defined everything. I think it has the potential to be the most disruptive force to hosted solutions since, well, the Internet. It's going to do two things. #1) it will help remove barriers to entry at the bottom end but #2) it will let the very large players remain nimble.

@wh-coach Agree Software defined networking is certainly here. When it comes to Shared Hosting (cPanel in particular), which is the most popular market niche a it is about clusters and stop using standalone servers.

Product differentiation. Not completely a new thing, but it's of increasing importance in a market that is being driven year after year towards a commodity market.

I think Hybrid hosting will be the next biog term. Of course like cloud hosting it will not mean anything.

Maybe a voice recognition web site editor?

I think that creation of global online operating system is at hand. Google is already working on it - if you have all your tools online, why need for OS installation on your device? It will be merely a terminal, an access point to a global online system. This idea gives me chills, really.

If you ask about the next part of IT industry which is going to blossom - I would say interactive shopping. More and more vendors all over the world go online, with their shops becoming merely showcases and main operations done online via any device.

If it is raining outside and I don't want to go out - I can order pizza, a new umbrella and a gift for my GF with several clicks on my tablet. And watch Netflix while all of this is delivered. Why go to the shop under the rain?

If it is raining outside and I don't want to go out - I can order pizza, a new umbrella and a gift for my GF with several clicks on my tablet. And watch Netflix while all of this is delivered. Why go to the shop under the rain?

Because as Mark say going outside is healthy while sitting inside makes you lazy.

Technology is making this a lazy world. no one talks to each other now they just text. even when schoolkids meet on street corners then never talk, they just text each other.
When was the last time you saw a kid on a new bike on christmas morning?

now its all xboxes and playstations where they can now play with their m8 from their own bedrooms