Newspapers

Anjay

Personally I always read The Times, and sometimes get either The Financial Times or The Business as well. All three are great newspapers, IMO.

I used to occasionally read The Daily Telegraph, which was seldom in itself, yet since Heffer has come over I haven’t touched it. Interestingly, from what I’ve read and heard, many even loyal Telegraph readers have become disdained with the direction the paper has taken since Heffer.

So, what about you lot then?

I dont get much chance to read the paper. If I do it tends to be the local papers or a free one that floats around work each day.

For news I usually visit BBC News, CNN and thats about it really.

Not really a paper reader myself, either. I don't think there are many papers here that don't try and tell you your opinion. Even The Times has some biased reporting in it. (I get angry when I read the columnist sections.... oh how I hate them!)

I use Google news and tend to steer towards the BBC News stories wherever possible.

I like to read some interesting article from online newspaper like WashingtonPost.com, now it leaving stories available for free online for 60 days rather than 14 days as earlier. Few other online newspapers like The Houston Chronicle and The Toronto Star dropped their registration policy, previously registration was compulsory.

Well I'm afraid I only read a paper called Aftenposten which I expect you guys have not heard of. It's one of Norways national papers. I used to work for them as a delivery guy. I delivered around 150 papers a day five days a week for three years. I've delivered over 11 000 papers in my life :)

Ive never worked out how many papers I delivered in my life. That was too long ago. I did around 55 and delivered papers for 6 days a week for about 2 years... so thats about 34000. I am guessing you were meaning 110000 Gooooogle.

I had to quit my paper round because I was shot at with a dart gun several times. LOL. Being a paperboy is a lethal and dangerous business to be in ;)

Luckily I didn't do that, when I was younger my city was a battleground so there was no chance anyone was going to go everywhere to deliver papers ;)

Besides...I think all the vans carrying the papers were hijacked and burned out before they got to the shops anyway ;)

I don't have any time to read papers...on Sundays I try read the Sunday World which I think is just a local paper.
I read it because it has all the news about the republican and loyalist groups - VERY interesting read :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8