New Web Design launched! - Hands-on Web Hosting

handsonhosting

Hi folks,

I figured I'd pop in here and let you know that we have finally launched the new design of the Hands-on Web Hosting site. After several months of planning, several weeks of programming, and several days of testing, it's finally live!

We took modular design to a whole new level with this site. Each section of the site is pulling content from other parts. Basically it means that when we change the amount of bandwidth on a package for example, it will update on a few dozen pages. No longer do we face issues of duplicate content, or content in multiple areas. It's now a one and done.

The entire site is so dynamic now that if we choose to change skins in the future, it'll be a matter of just a few hours rather than a few weeks.

We've tested the design with approx 50 clients and received the feedback needed in order to proceed with a launch. We've also had a number of industry persons run some QA Testing on the site with positive reviews.

Have a look, let us know your thoughts. We're happy with how things have shaped up, and hopefully you are too!

http://www.handsonwebhosting.com

looks good Conor

i point i noticed is when you change from the USA site to UK site as per the flag link at the top, their is no difference, so cant really see this point

Hmm, interesting. Handson apparently your spam protection program has blocked my home internet account HA! I'm sure the design looks great! It sounds like an excellent idea!

Great simple design, exactly what I like. I have some old domains on GoDaddy hosting accounts that are dying for a change. Maybe I'll check your plans out.

@easyhostmedia - the change would only be noticable on the inside pages. Clicking eCommerce for example will only have ONE plan in the UK. The VPS machines have different bandwidth limtations. Dedicated servers page has a limited number of machines in the UK versus US also. The home page numbers wouldn't change.

@agentblack - not sure why our spam filter would block you. Does it say something on the screen? The only time that our firewall would block someone is if they were trying to access things they didn't have access to, or they were running port scanners etc in the background (possibly without their knowledge). Since the site is fed through a CDN, much of the display should be coming from a remote source too. No idea why you're not seeing the site :(

@Zagor - I think GoDaddy itself needs a makeover, but I guess after you pay racing car drivers, models and fund Elephant Killing trips, there's not much money left to redesign the site ;) hehe

We'd love to have you with us, but don't just take my word for it, take Artashes and the HD Forum - we host it on our servers ;)

@handsonhosting it was saying my home IP was listed in Spamhaus which I find amusing since there's no mail servers running on my home IP connection ha! The joy's of Comcast Cable!

Your site is working now, looks good!

I love the site Conor. 7+ months? Damn conor, pick up the pace a bit lol I don't think I've ever taken that long. I believe 3 months is all I needed when I redid my host way back when.

But again, awesome design.

Thanks guys. The longest part was the testing of the site. We had nearly two months of QA Testing from about 50 different people. Clients, industry persons, high school students and even a handful of middle school students and somewhat computer illiterate people. The other part of things is that we exploded the number of pages in our site. There's nearly 250 pages in our site now :) Everything worded differently to help maximize SEO within the site and provide various access points to potential clients. The old site was less than 75 pages.

The biggest fear we had was launching something with broken aspects. We've seen too many websites redesign things and do a half-assed job just to get things completed. We had originally targed March as our launch date, but it was pushed to May 1st, and then we got to launch a few days early.

Still lots of tweaking going on with wording on various pages, but so far, so good.

If you guys notice anything odd or out of place, please do let us know and we'll get it resolved. I'll pass along the compliments to the design crew here.

Testing is the hardest thing to do because it's boring. I always hate that phase, but as you said I don't want to end up with some half-assed wreck that won't be of use to anyone.