New Company-Information Needed, Please.

Lagron

Okay, I'll just get down to some questions and information without the small talk, I first of all, am happy to have come across this site, with that said...

I am in the process in creating a company that will service about 3,064,000 households within the state of NJ, USA.

The company is web-based, but a necessity.

We have projections of 3,064,000 user log in's a month, give or take 50,000 log in's depending on the frequent movement of families within the State of New Jersey.

We are guaranteed 3 million log in's a month. The reason I am here is to ask for some information, if available without charge heh.

In order to get the company up and running, we need to either building our own datacenters, or have our data worked with at other locations.

I have a couple of workers, who are specialized in such areas, but I would rather get some broad information from people who have nothing to really gain, not everyone can be trusted, or will speak in the best interest of the company, instead in their best interest.

To begin with, my company is in the market for Bandwidth and datacenters. Before I walk into a meeting Monday Morning, the 7th of May...

How much would bandwidth cost, to support 3 million log in's a month, who would on average spend 20 minutes on the site, going through a minimum of 20 pages, I understand insufficient information was presented, but it I am not entirely sure as to what information would be necessary, please work with what is presented.

I have more questions, and such but for now, any replies to help with my question are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Lagron.

Okay, I'll just get down to some questions and information without the small talk, I first of all, am happy to have come across this site, with that said...

I am in the process in creating a company that will service about 3,064,000 households within the state of NJ, USA.

The company is web-based, but a necessity.

We have projections of 3,064,000 user log in's a month, give or take 50,000 log in's depending on the frequent movement of families within the State of New Jersey.

We are guaranteed 3 million log in's a month. The reason I am here is to ask for some information, if available without charge heh.

In order to get the company up and running, we need to either building our own datacenters, or have our data worked with at other locations.

I have a couple of workers, who are specialized in such areas, but I would rather get some broad information from people who have nothing to really gain, not everyone can be trusted, or will speak in the best interest of the company, instead in their best interest.

To begin with, my company is in the market for Bandwidth and datacenters. Before I walk into a meeting Monday Morning, the 7th of May...

How much would bandwidth cost, to support 3 million log in's a month, who would on average spend 20 minutes on the site, going through a minimum of 20 pages, I understand insufficient information was presented, but it I am not entirely sure as to what information would be necessary, please work with what is presented.

I have more questions, and such but for now, any replies to help with my question are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Lagron.

A ballpark estimate of bandwidth for a site with traffic like that would be anywhere from 1 TB to 10 TB per month. That is assuming the site is not heavily using multimedia such as videos, etc.

Ok, I'm confused - before you walk into a meeting the 7th of May - yet this was posted June 1st? It's impossible to determine bandwidth based on the info you provided. We need at least the average size of the pages you expect to be viewed. Multiply the average page size by the average number of pages viewed monthly times the expected monthly number of logins. :D

I have meant to say it was due June 7th.

I have found the information which I was looking for, and just checking some things I have not been aware of.

Sorry for the delayed reply, but thank you for the help that you have given.

For 3 Million Viewers you could look at 100tb.com They got good prices for there bandwidth.

You definitely need a large setup, just a dedicated server wont help. I m sure you would have database and lots of other stuff attached to it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft