Namesilo vs. Internetbs

Mrs_Esterhouse

Of these two registrars, what's the consensus about which one is better? From what I can see, their prices and features are virtually the same. Both also offer free whois privacy...

Any pros/cons in your experiences?

I currently have my domains with Internetbs, but I'm thinking about Namesilo because of their sub account feature and more refined account management interface.

I've heard of Internetbs before, but not of Namesilo.
Don't have experience with either, however.

I have used neither Namesilo nor Internetbs, I haven't even heard of the registrars before. Do they offer free private-registration forever or just for the first year?

They both offer free privacy forever. Last night I initiated a transfer for one of my domains to NameSilo to see how I like it. So far so good. I'll do a review later on after I use them some more.

That's great. I just made a quick visit to Namesilo's website. It's almost similar to Go Daddy in the way that it loaded slow (it can be my connection though). Anyway, the pricing looks attractive.

Yeah, apparently it was my connection. Anyway, I love the pricing and I think it can be a good alternative to Go Daddy and other popular registrants. Is it a new registrar, or it's just me living in a cave?
As far as I know, they started about two or three years ago.

So, I switched one test domain to them last week. I love their management interface. It's fast and intuitive with payment options aplenty.

My only issue (and I doubt it's an issue for 99.99% of their customers), I need to URL frame/stealth forward my domain to another URL. Unfortunately, the forwarding frame border and spacing messes up the destination page formatting. The destination site is a total POS, but the non-profit organization I'm pro-bono administering for wants to stick with it, so I'm stuck with what they have.

I also previously registered it with Name.com, Internetbs and NameSecure. Internetbs and NameSecure both stealth forward with no issues. Name.com had the same stealth forwarding issues as NameSilo. Bear in mind, this is forwarding for a crappy, screwed up site. Name.com and NameSilo stealth forwarding will probably work perfectly with 99.99% of all websites they register.

I also had a NameCheap account just to see what their interface was like. It's similar to Name.com and NameSilo, fast and intuitive, but I never actually registered a domain with them. One thing I didn't care for, they are not really a registrar; NameCheap is an Enom reseller.

Registrars I would recommend overall based on features and pricing are Name.com, Internetbs, NameCheap (really Enom) and NameSilo.

The best, most intuitive account interfaces are NameSilo, Name.com and NameCheap.

The best pricing would have to be NameSilo and Internetbs, and they both offer free whois privacy for life. Name.com does offer free whois privacy, but you have to find a damn coupon code every year to get it = pain is the ass.

On a side note, I like the fact NameSilo and Internetbs just specialize in domain registrations. They don't offer web hosting or any other similar services, just the registrations.

So, for me, I'm sticking with Internetbs due to my URL forwarding issues, but I still highly recommend NameSilo, probably more than all the others -- super cheap, intuitive account interface, free whois privacy for life. :thumbup:

for personal domains i use 123-reg and namecheap. never had any problems domain wise with either, but stay away from ssl services from namecheap (or at least ssl renewals as they always mess these up)

I am growing a bit of a concern that Namesilo is using grey-ish marketing tactics in order to push their name forward as the "best" registrar (and establish them with mentions within content providers, such as directories, forums, article repositories).

I've made a little search into Namesilo and found articles like these:
http://mikenv.hubpages.com/hub/NameSilo-Review
where it is compared to the likes of GoDaddy and Moniker.

I've never heard of Namesilo because it is not nearly as large as any registrars:
http://www.webhosting.info/registrars/top-registrars/global/
It ranks 296th on the list. If anything, the company has been losing the number of domains under management for weeks in a row:
http://www.webhosting.info/registrars/reports/total_domains/NAMESILO.COM

As my interest was building, I looked into the survey they are referencing to. Here is the page about it: http://domainnamewire.com/2012/02/23/survey-says-godaddy-is-top-domain-registrar/

The survey covered just above 1100 people and what articles like the one at HubPages.com don't mention is that Namesilo "plugged the survey on Facebook". So I went to their Facebook page to see how many Likes they had. At the time of this post - 378.

So maybe I am completely off my mark here. But every time I come across a thread that is excited about a company I've never heard of, or a company that is so small to be so hyped up about across few media resources and sites like Hubpages (of course I never expect anything of value from article repository site), it begs a few questions about whether someone somewhere was hired to perform a bit of "social content marketing"...

I am growing a bit of a concern that Namesilo is using grey-ish marketing tactics in order to push their name forward as the "best" registrar (and establish them with mentions within content providers, such as directories, forums, article repositories).

I've made a little search into Namesilo and found articles like these:
where it is compared to the likes of GoDaddy and Moniker.

Top Domain Registrars from the Domain Name Wire Poll

1. GoDaddy 43%
2. NameSilo 35%
3. Dynadot 9%
4. Moniker 7%
5. Fabulous 6%
Yeah, they are only a couple years old. No way they are #2 with 35%. It could just be one bogus review, but regardless, that crap annoys me. I also left InMotionHosting a few months ago because of unethical marketing practices.

Yeah, they are only a couple years old. No way they are #2 with 35%. It could just be one bogus review, but regardless, that crap annoys me. I also left InMotionHosting a few months ago because of unethical marketing practices.

did you not know 99.9% of these sorts of polls along with top 10 lists are fake as they all depend on 1 thing.

How much $$$$ they paid to get listed, so with this poll if they paid enough money then i bet they would have shown as #1

Never heard about Namesilo. What I can say about internet.bs is that they offer domains at low prices and have good and quick support in live chat.

did you not know 99.9% of these sorts of polls along with top 10 lists are fake as they all depend on 1 thing.

How much $$$$ they paid to get listed, so with this poll if they paid enough money then i bet they would have shown as #1

Yeah, I think most registrants and web hosting users know that. That is why I don't really care about reviews and ratings on registrars and web hosting providers.

NameSilo beats out Internet.bs on a number of different standards...

1) Pricing is virtually the same - but NameSilo now offers a Discount Program that you can participate in.
2) NameSilo offers free whois privacy on some registrations.
3) Both have an API -- But Internet.bs has really bad limits with their API, while NameSilos is faster than DynaDots..