Namecheap email forwarding issues.

michel_hyuston

Hello.
I did a search, but I couldn't find any result eventhough, I'm sure this issue have been talked over and over... hum, well maybe not :p

Anyhow, I bought a domain name at namecheap.com. I was really happy with it, until I find out that dozen of emails haven't been forwarded to my hotmail.com account, or that they take more than a day to be forwarded.
(This is really painfull since I run a website with a request section...)

Are there anything I can do to be sure that I get the emails?
I really need my emails to be forwarded to my hotmail account, and if it isn't too much, i need these emails ON TIME.

Thanks in advance.

Did you talk with the namecheap/enom? This may be an error on their forwarding side but they may have placed limitations on forwarding by the sounds of it? Your best bet is to obtain some hosting and transfer the nameservers over where you not only get faster forwarding but the option of having a webmail login like hotmail where you can read those e-mails. I also have one domain name like this that is not active but sends e-mails to another account. I'm actually looking at a few e-mails right now and looks as though it may be an issue with hotmail and namecheap altogether. Looking at my message source the e-mails were sent to me on the 23rd only to obtain it on the 23rd and this is not a free hotmail account we are talking about. So to me it looks as though namecheap to hotmail forwarding may be a problem. Talk with the namecheap staff and tell them your issue, they are pretty helpful with these situations :).

I use the namecheap forwarding a bit and discovered a problem the other day - a couple of emails I know I should have received never arrived. I emailed namecheap and they said try again so to test I sent an email to 4 different domains, all were forwarding to my ISP email address. 2 arrived instantly, the other 2 took a few hours.

So the problem seems to be resolved and all is working fine now. But I wasn't enlightened as to what the problem was, nor did I receive a reply to my question asking what happened to the orginal emails that disappeared.