my review of switchlink.co.uk

mysoogal

Name and URL of hosting company: switchlink.co.uk

Hosted URL(s): Private bittorrent Streaming Seedbox VPS :p

Description of service(s) used: Not shared - Basic VPS - VPS-500

How long have you been using the service(s): nearly 1 month its been a interesting service

Detailed review: the basic package is great for newbiz starting out on a barebone VPS, you get root access, and Parallels control

Pros: cheap and easy to use, only for a seedbox if you want to run big sites or video sites, thats impossible

Cons: only had 2 downtimes when my VPS was offline for 6 hours, they said they would add 1 extra week which they didn't add, they want me to first buy another month then they would add that extra week which i said no thanks, it's stated they would refund me for every hour my VPS was offline, that is rubbish and not true, they didnt add that extra week for me so i dont believe they refund me back. the big issue which i can't understand is they said they couldn't add another 1 week hosting to my account, due to how paypal works ? how about that. go figure

Would you recommend this company to your best friend? : NO

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the review, but it would be great if you could re-post your review below using this template (obviously, change answers to your own):

Name and URL of hosting company: ABC Hosting (www.abchosting.com)
Hosted URL(s): www.yourdomain.com
Description of service(s) used: Shared hosting (silver plan).
How long have you been using the service(s): 2 years.
Detailed review: This is where you can leave a specific and concise review.
Pros: Brief outline of company's positive characteristics.
Cons: Brief outline of company's negative characteristics.
Would you recommend this company to your best friend? Yes / No.

updates, it seems they might have read my post here :smash:

so they added that extra week now my account ends in Expiration Date : 01/01/2010

i buy Order Date : 25/11/2009

its a shame i cant finish all those 350 gb :shaky:

Name and URL of hosting company: switchlink.co.uk

Hosted URL(s): Private bittorrent Streaming Seedbox VPS :p

Description of service(s) used: Not shared - Basic VPS - VPS-500

How long have you been using the service(s): nearly 1 month its been a interesting service

Detailed review: the basic package is great for newbiz starting out on a barebone VPS, you get root access, and Parallels control

Pros: cheap and easy to use, only for a seedbox if you want to run big sites or video sites, thats impossible

Cons: only had 2 downtimes when my VPS was offline for 6 hours, they said they would add 1 extra week which they didn't add, they want me to first buy another month then they would add that extra week which i said no thanks, it's stated they would refund me for every hour my VPS was offline, that is rubbish and not true, they didnt add that extra week for me so i dont believe they refund me back. the big issue which i can't understand is they said they couldn't add another 1 week hosting to my account, due to how paypal works ? how about that. go figure

Would you recommend this company to your best friend? : NO

I have had my VPS with switchlink for around 3 months now. Not had a single bout of downtime. I'd assume since the first post was made the company have learnt and advanced quite alot. Going by some more recent reviews i've found, they are doing very well in pleasing customers.

I run mumble, websites and a gameserver on my VPS. No issues with either. Ping is nice and low for the gameserver, chat is lag free and high quality, websites open fast and download speed is quick. Support team answered my queries quickly and helped me set pretty much everything up, including a control panel i found on the web.

I have openVZ for my VPS running on centos5 32bit. As before, uptime has been 100%. Control panel is brilliant, includes a basic panel for noobs and an advanced one if you know what your doing. I like looking at this one but don't know much so generally stick to the noob one haha!

Overall i'd 10000% recommend this company. I dont know about the original posters problem but these are a thing of the past it seems.

They offer a 30 day money back guarantee which was why I went originally, so its always worth a try :)

p.s sorry for digging up old thread but I don't think its really fair to keep a review thats bad when so much has changed.

Last edited:
Sounds like a promosing company. I'm not 100% certain with the layout but it's good enough to attract customers.

They seem as though they're a professional company. I think the name is a massive bonus - it's perfect. Short and snappy. I like them!

Their prices seem to be pretty reasonable as well. Good luck to them.

Yes I have heard so much about them now . this is the second review i have seen about them it seems they are professional in each and every approach.

I have had my VPS with switchlink for around 3 months now. Not had a single bout of downtime. I'd assume since the first post was made the company have learnt and advanced quite alot. Going by some more recent reviews i've found, they are doing very well in pleasing customers.

I run mumble, websites and a gameserver on my VPS. No issues with either. Ping is nice and low for the gameserver, chat is lag free and high quality, websites open fast and download speed is quick. Support team answered my queries quickly and helped me set pretty much everything up, including a control panel i found on the web.

I have openVZ for my VPS running on centos5 32bit. As before, uptime has been 100%. Control panel is brilliant, includes a basic panel for noobs and an advanced one if you know what your doing. I like looking at this one but don't know much so generally stick to the noob one haha!

Overall i'd 10000% recommend this company. I dont know about the original posters problem but these are a thing of the past it seems.

They offer a 30 day money back guarantee which was why I went originally, so its always worth a try :)

p.s sorry for digging up old thread but I don't think its really fair to keep a review thats bad when so much has changed.

Nothing wrong with being fair .... probably should use the format though that Artashes requested earlier.