My Reselling Experience

shotthebreeze

Hey guys,

A lot of people ask me who my reseller is. I resell from Smokyhosts.com. I was searching through some forums for a good deal and they offered a coupon for some rediculous price...I assumed they needed to make some money off of somebody. So, I have 20 gigs of disk space and 200 gigs of bandwith for $16 a month. They always reply to customer support emails in a timely fashion, and they are always very helpful. I would highly reccomend them...

I agree, that is an excellent deal. Glad to see you're taking advantage of it and jumped on it while it was there. Sometimes, one can run into good deals similar to the one you ran into.

Glad to hear you found a host that can fulfill your needs. I see that their regular prices are indeed higher than what you're paying and in a way that's a good thing, as the chances of their long term success increase.

They have a rather uncommon uptime guarantee (97.9%), but uptime guarantee are pretty worthless anyway.

Anyway, here's to your and your hosts' success! :)

ldcdc said:
They have a rather uncommon uptime guarantee (97.9%), but uptime guarantee are pretty worthless anyway.

It depends. Real (or honest) providers will provide a very simple SLA, stating what, if any, credits or refunds are applied to the account if uptime goes lower than guaranteed.

Having an SLA to support the guarantee is definitely necessary. Meeting the guarantee is more important. 97.9 is really low though. They should definitely increase it to something higher. 99.9 really isn't that hard to hit with well-managed and not super loaded servers.

ACENET-Jason said:
Having an SLA to support the guarantee is definitely necessary. Meeting the guarantee is more important. 97.9 is really low though. They should definitely increase it to something higher. 99.9 really isn't that hard to hit with well-managed and not super loaded servers.

I would agree completely with this. SLA agreements are totally necessary when dealing with uptime guarantees...the thing is getting the customers to follow the SLA agreement
:thumbsup:

I have seen mixes reviews about them. After reviewing their prices it seems that they are overselling pretty heavily, but if you are happy with the service then you can concider yourself quite lucky to be getting that amount of resources for such a small price. However, I would be interested to see what happens if you actually use all of the resources alotted to you.

Keep us posted and let us knwo how it goes! :)

EQWebHost said:
I have seen mixes reviews about them. After reviewing their prices it seems that they are overselling pretty heavily, but if you are happy with the service then you can concider yourself quite lucky to be getting that amount of resources for such a small price. However, I would be interested to see what happens if you actually use all of the resources alotted to you.

Keep us posted and let us knwo how it goes! :)
I think if you use all resources allotted to you and even more the hoster ask you to pay for them or to have the other plan.