Moniker

kabe

Moniker has reduced their .com prices to $8.39 with free whois privacy. Looks like they've dropped their .net and .org prices too and not a Black Friday deal.

Interesting. I almost forgot they existed. :)

We've got several 100 clients that use them and have never had a problem with them. They've actually been the best resgistrar we've ever used and have used them since about 2000.

Their support has been the best we've ever used and you can actually talk to a human on the phone with them.

Since they've dropped their prices and offering free whois we've been busy ordering new domains for a lot of our clients.

Thanks for the heads up, kabe. I've never used them, but will take a look.

You're welcome. I just saw we had over 2 dozen client request today to transfer domains from other registrars to Moniker.

Domains get like a wild west show in here sometimes lol.

Last edited:
I just renewed a few domains and purchased a new domain for a client and I noticed on their dashboard it still has the $11.99 price.

When I purchased the new domain the price was $8.39 with free whois. Guess they've not updated the price on their dashboard yet.

Most of my domains are with Namecheap and GoDaddy. To be honest, I am a little nervous when it comes to transferring domains into the hands of a company I don't know too much about. But I am always willing to take a closer look.

Is it me or they do not have a single page where they would list all their pricing for registering/transferring the domains?

Most of my domains are with Namecheap and GoDaddy. To be honest, I am a little nervous when it comes to transferring domains into the hands of a company I don't know too much about. But I am always willing to take a closer look.

Is it me or they do not have a single page where they would list all their pricing for registering/transferring the domains?

Monkier has been around since 1999.

I just talked to Monker on the phone and asked them about their $8.39 price. They told me that was the registration price for.com and their renewal price would be a little over $9.00.

Transfer, not bulk, would be the price of the domain.

I'm about registrars as I am food, your taste and the price you want to pay for it and your personal choice.

Most all of our clients left Namecheap because of their dashboard and other problems. We've had the same problems with them. We have no Godaddy users anymore because of the prices and high renewal prices.

I recently renewed one of my husbands domains at Moniker and it was $11.99. He's happy with them and so are our clients with them which are mostly large to corporate and that's all I care about.

I also give a registrar a try with a domain and see how it goes. If I'm not happy when renewal time comes I move it out.

I recently renewed a .com domain at NC and it seems like it was within the domain price I renewed for my husband at Moniker.

These are our experiences with Moniker and I tell everyone, be your own judge and let me know how it went. I'm getting ready to move a domain out of name.com for lack of support and I think it's going to internetbs.

We've never had any problems with them either.

Gee those guys are still around? I had a domain with them 10+ years ago high school.

Registration vs Renewal price is a trap with many registrars. It doesnt seem too bad with them.

I've heard a lot of complaints about Moniker on other forums. Wouldn't use them even with reasonable pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys