Money back guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen a lot of this. We do 30 days, I saw one that was 60. If you don't know within 30 days..... maybe you shouldn't be there anyway.

After reading through tons of ads over the years, the average is approximately 30 days. We're talking about shared hosting here and not dedicated servers.

That makes perfect sense, as refunding a whole dedicated server is expensive, and usually, wouldn't be done unless the SLA was breached.
After all, the customer chooses the spec, so if the host lived up to the spec, then why should the customer be refunded?

Often poor shared hosts offer diabolical performance and bad experience, so it would be reassuring that you can try out a service before you have committed any money.

Last edited:
I don't think it makes a bit of difference, at least from the consumer POV. I doubt a customer would choose one provider over another based on the length of the money-back guarantee.

It is usually 30 days for shared and reseller hosting excluding the software licenses and domains. In my opinion, this is more than enough for a customer to try the service and decide.

It is basically similar to a free trial but without the fraud and spam issues for the provider.

30 days is pretty standard. Just be sure to research the company, as some will state 30 days no questions asked, and when the refund is requested, will find all sorts of reasons to not honor it...plus some will state so in their TOS, which then makes the 30 days either a lie, or for smaller priced services.

you dont need to just look at MBG periods these days as i have seen a lot of hosts state

30 days no questions asked MBG, but you cannot rejoin us for 90 days after MBG has been granted.

or

30 days no questions asked MBG, if you rejoin then you cannot claim another MBG

Money back guarantee:

Generally it will be 30 Days and you should check with provider Money back guarantee policy as it may be differ for individual service provider.

Usually Money back guarantee policy does't apply for Dedicated Servers, Colocation and Managed VPS, Cloud VPS, Dedicated Servers, Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Addons like Service Management, Extra IP address, Control Panel Licenses, Additional RAM, vCPU Cores, Extra Disk Space, Operating System Licenses, Cloudflare Pro/Business Packages, Premium Web Server Licenses, Addon Setup Fees, Migration Fees.

It varies from provider to provider. I'd say the average is probably 30 as others have said as that's what I've seen the most.

I've seen 3 days, 7 days, 14~15 days, 30 days, 45 days, 60 days, and 90 days.

It really just varies from provider to provider. I'd say the longer the term the more likely the provider is to be abused by those that really have no intention of paying for it.

Let's say they offered a 10 year money-back-guarantee. I imagine everybody would probably use it for as long as they wanted and then request their money back when they no longer needed it even if the service was great / did serve the client's needs well.

It varies from provider to provider. I'd say the average is probably 30 as others have said as that's what I've seen the most.

I've seen 3 days, 7 days, 14~15 days, 30 days, 45 days, 60 days, and 90 days.

It really just varies from provider to provider. I'd say the longer the term the more likely the provider is to be abused by those that really have no intention of paying for it.

Let's say they offered a 10 year money-back-guarantee. I imagine everybody would probably use it for as long as they wanted and then request their money back when they no longer needed it even if the service was great / did serve the client's needs well.

I used to keep mine to the Min. allowed under UK law and that was 14 days

What we've opted to offer in lieu of money back guarantees on the shared side are free trials - no credit card required. So far we've not seen any abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.