Migration of SolusVM to Virtualizer?

ughosting

HD Community Advisor
Staff member
Has anyone ever migrated from SolusVM to Virtualizer?

How do they stack up against each other?

Any benefits or downsides?

Hi,

Never tried this. But May I know what benefit or specialties you are seeing in visualizer than Solusvm ?

I actually prefer SolusVM over Virtualizor, due to its functionality. Sometimes just from dealing with customers I feel that Virtualizor lacks in certain areas, while still maintaining its user friendly experience. I definitely feel like its a step up from ESXI or Proxmox, but as far as feature sets, I feel that SolusVM has it edged out.

Just an opinion, but I would definitely like to know why you would like to migrate. We use to use VirtPanel back in the day and migrated over to SolusVM. Haven't really looked back other than just dealing with customer problems.

I prefer SolusVM due to simple automation integration and node management seems to be a bit easier also using its advanced module , i dont need to give the client the solusvm login details as everything can be managed from WHMCS itself

So far solusVM and virtuozzo is the best in the market. Do let us know what is your concern and would like to migrate out from solusVM so we can try to advise you accordingly.

I'm interested to see why you want to migrate from SolusVM to Virtuozzo. We've used both in the past and much prefer SolusVM.

Harry

import guide
http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/SolusVM_Import_Guide

I am the polar opposite used both but prefer virtualizor
unless their version 2 has some awesome new features which I doubt it will ( if they ever release it) virtualizor has blown SolusVM in the feature department years ago

I prefer SolusVM due to simple automation integration and node management seems to be a bit easier also using its advanced module , i dont need to give the client the solusvm login details as everything can be managed from WHMCS itself
virtualizor is the same

If thats the reason you are shifting all you need to do is use this plugin and it will solve all your issues :)

http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/solusvm_extended_vps/features

We've used it in the past and we never had to provide the end user with Solus VM details nor did we have to handle the node management.

Virtuallzor quite good too. Bridge configuration is automated . Perfectly support windows VPS. Support response is good.

SolusVM is stable. So for not much issue rise.

Hi,

Initially it is said migration from "SolusVM to Virtualizor" that may be possible, but the first question is what is the underlying virtualization technology being used on SolusVM installation ?

May be its SolusVM or may be its Virtualizor, it does not matter and all that matters is the underlying virtualization technology, whether it is OpenVZ, KVM, or Xen.

You go to preserve the underlying virtualization technology, or else you go to go manual ways of migration.

SolusVM is a master-slave type of model with Master supporting Only OpenVZ virtualization and slave supporting all three i..e, OpenVZ, Xen, and KVM.

On the other hand, Virutalizor does have this limitation. Also, Virtualizor has come up with feature called mult-virtualization and that can be handy too.

Hi,

Virtualizor is being used more now compared to SolusVM. It has been long time since SolusVM even provided the update.. Virtualizor on other hand has made lot of advances, even mixed virtualization they have implemented.