MaxMind Setting in WHMCS

SonWebHost

Account Disabled
What is the best settings for MaxMind in WHMCS how do you make the balance between protecting your Credit Card provider from farad orders and preventing legitimate buyers from buying your products. Let us know some of your settings that work best.

using the "new" maxmind settings (1-100) or the old values (0-10) ?
using the free service or the paid for telephone validation etc ?
what are _your_ requirements to limit country, exposure, etc ...

using the "new" maxmind settings (1-100) or the old values (0-10)
using the free service
Just want to prevent fraud on credit card orders

I would not suggest setting it too high it can risk you losing some non-fraud orders, Set it 1/3rd of the way or a little under that, unless your very worried about fraud, just remember the highest could mean missing orders when they weren't that.

MaxMind can be a great asset to your arsenal of anti-fraud weapons, if used correctly. Settings will vary depending on the business and their needs, of course. However, I do recommend you use phone verification at all times and also set a strict value for your MaxMind score.

There will always be legitimate orders getting caught as fraud, that is why you should always do a follow-up call or email to every client that signs up with you so you can verify the order manually and also give your clients a warm welcome. Your clients will not look down on you for this, they will actually appreciate it and will see that you're professional and that you care for them.

I recommend starting the relationship off on the right foot and calling the customer. Having a "welcome" call if you will. Most fraud is commited with fake phone numbers in my experience. I would run the order through MaxMind too but not have Maxmind block anything. Take a moment to review each maxmind report.

Many customers use their language when order a package. MaxMind blocks many order like that. :) I manually active all orders on my billing system.

even if maxmind pulls up an order that is fraud, you can ask the client to send some id, to prove they are who they say they are :)

fraud customer will tend not to do this, and just look else where :)

I asked a customer to send id and he said it was too much trouble, but he owned a domain that had his resume and a bunch of other professional related stuff so I sent the admin of that domain an email asking if it was him.

He said yes.

I did not notice it went into the spam bin for 2 weeks. d'OH!