Marketing Emails Automation Opt-In Conversion (WHMCS)

Is this just WHMCS though? I think a lot of software gives administrators the ability to do this.

That doesn't make it right, it just makes it not a singularly WHMCS issue.

Under the GDPR, if you provide services to anyone in Europe then you must provide an optin/opt out option to allow user to opt in or out of marketing messages and to decide how you use their information

Like easyhostmedia was saying above the GDPR has changed a lot. I put in a service ticket to my support staff today asking for the email address of someone that has a trial period going under my hosting business. I wanted to make sure that they were able to understand and get started so they would want to stay with me. I was told, when I emailed support, that the GDPR has changed things and I am not supposed to have their contact info.

Like easyhostmedia was saying above the GDPR has changed a lot. I put in a service ticket to my support staff today asking for the email address of someone that has a trial period going under my hosting business. I wanted to make sure that they were able to understand and get started so they would want to stay with me. I was told, when I emailed support, that the GDPR has changed things and I am not supposed to have their contact info.

Not entirely sure I understand this...

You run a business and you do not have and say you are not allowed to have the email address of one of your clients?

That seems bizarre to me, how do you contact them in case of downtime, change of terms, whatever?

They are in the trial period and I guess that does not give me rights. I have to say this is the first time that I have a customer other than me. I thought it was strange myself. I did some Google Ads marketing and the person has created a trial account and I don't even know what they have done with their account. I can login as a reseller but I don't because I don't know if that is moral or not. What would you do?

They are in the trial period and I guess that does not give me rights. I have to say this is the first time that I have a customer other than me. I thought it was strange myself. I did some Google Ads marketing and the person has created a trial account and I don't even know what they have done with their account. I can login as a reseller but I don't because I don't know if that is moral or not. What would you do?
If a client is being hosted by you (free plan, trial period, or fully paid) then you have the LEGAL right to hold their information for the purpose of providing the service to them for account management and billing ( server issues, etc.) You should have an option placed in their client area allowing them to opt-in/out of marketing emails.

If a client is being hosted by you (free plan, trial period, or fully paid) then you have the LEGAL right to hold their information for the purpose of providing the service to them for account management and billing ( server issues, etc.) You should have an option placed in their client area allowing them to opt-in/out of marketing emails.
Thank you, I will check into it. I agree with you but I have been run ragged trying to market my website for selling photos and the hosting company. Have you tried Taboola.com. I am trying it now and I just got an ad approved but when I changed the high bid price they sent the ad back for review. Its driving me nuts! How has your day been?

never heard of them i like this from their website 'REACH YOUR CUSTOMERS ON WEBSITES THEY TRUST' from a company that is hardly known. You would be better off spending your money on Facebook ads or run an ebay campaign
Thank you for your advice. What is a eBay campaign? Did you mean Google Ad campaign or Twitter?

Thank you for your advice. What is a eBay campaign? Did you mean Google Ad campaign or Twitter?
Likely the eBay campaign is just a discounted rate for a package. So just like selling products on eBay, you would sell a hosting package on there.

I've never tried that approach, or Craigslist, but I see people recommending it all the time. No idea of the response rates. Personally I'd stick to Google Ads, but it's not cheap. YouTube and Facebook are great passive advertising where you can get near-realtime stats. Forums and blogs would be the next level down from that and those stats can be tracked in Google Analytics etc.

yes as bigredseo says, place a couple of plans on ebay at a slightly discounted rate (as long as you can afford to sell at the discounted rate).
You need to run ad campaigns of well know and visited platforms, otherwise, you could be paying for ads that get no exposure.