Looking for host with particular services

elmonty

I have a client that wants to move a community from Yahoo Groups to their own web site and their own domain. Some of the things they want:

1. A mailing list where, like Yahoo Groups, they can read the message from their email client *or* on the web (I can probably talk them out of the ability to post to the list via the web - so just reading archives is ok, yet this posting ability would be a major plus). Mailing list members would be from all over the world and from many other domains. There will be about 500 members. These will *not* all be email accounts on the new web host... we'll need no more than 20 of those.

2. Only registered users will be allowed access to the web site; we'll control this. Users will be able to upload files to the site. Client wants automatic virus scanning of uploads. Uploaded files will be hidden until administrator approves them. How do we report the status of the virus scan to the administrator, or better yet, to the uploader?

3. Need SSL support for protecting logins and user registrations.

4. 24/7 phone support

5. Host must be an established, reliable company. Resellers not preferred.

Web platform can either be Windows (ASP.NET & MS SQL Server) or Linux/Unix (PHP and MySQL).

Thanks!

Hi elmonty I can assist in your webhosting request how ever though I need more detailed information consisting of how much disk and bandwidth you need our platform is Apache under Linux RedHat Servers located in NJ by xo communication

we have been in business for more than 1 month domain ws renewed 3 weeks ago Ill be glad to answer any further questions that you have conserning us

leamhost.com said:
we have been in business for more than 1 month domain ws renewed 3 weeks ago Ill be glad to answer any further questions that you have conserning us

It looks like the domain was created on Oct. 28.
Were you with a different registrar before?

Bronze Plan

Storage : 500 MB
Traffic : 10 GB

Cpanel/WHM 8
Fantastico

25 Sub Domains
Unlimited MySQL Databases

200 POP3 mailboxes
200 Email groups
200 FTP Accounts
200 Email redirects
200 E-Mail Responders

SSH access
Urchin Web analytics
Fantastico Deluxe 2.5

Graphical Web Stats - Webalizer
Web file manager
Backup Utility
128BIT SSL

$5 /month

1] I've never used Yahoo groups, but I believe its a true Mailing list (Majordomo) and not just web-based. The email notifications are done by all web-based programs as well...but that is not the distinguishing factor. What differentiates true mailing lists is that the users **also** reply from their email clients. Is what you need ?

We use DirectAdmin on our Linux servers and that has Majordomo built in...though I do admit never having used it. So, Yes we can offer it. If you need it, will make sure it works for you.

Web-based programs are a different breed...they can be in Php or Perl...basically a threaded BulletinBoard. I would presume you have already researched & found the software needed for this.

2] Virus scanning for uploads is going to tricky...because RTL scanning doesn't always kickin for uploads. We have Virus scanning on our Windows server...and it never kicks in for user uploads, but does prevent user from viewing an infected file.

I'm not sure of this part really, because virus scanners behave how they made by the developers.

3] Sure, just get a SSL at rackshack.net for $19.95 and it can be installed free for your site.

4] We do provide reliable and quality services in budget prices, but **true** Phone support is not possible in that price range, because it entails very large overheads. However, Ticket, Email and livechat is available

5] We've been web hosting since 1999. We own the hardware also...colocated in XO.com Fremont, Datacenter. If you need to Colocate your own server, that can be done rather inexpensively as well.

Your diskspace+Bandwidth requirements have not been mentioned but we have a 200 Mb+10 Gb account available for $5/month. You can check full pricing here...

http://www.netspaceinternet.com/managed-web-hosting.html#ultraweb