Local market or net only?

BlackStorm

Which is the best place to get new clients?
in the local market you can charge more because you have a lot less competition but also, less clients.
Im in Belfast and the local market isnt up to much here, I think there is one big hosting company in the whole city but most companies with sites tend to go with the big sites which advertise everywhere, eg. one & one even though their service isnt as good as it could be with a smaller company

1&1 are very cheap in the Uk but their service is also easy to see that its cheap.
I have heard a lot of bad stories about them but dont want to get off topic here.

Companies online tend to offer their services a lot cheaper than those that have a market offline, ie. they have their clients in their local area.

Local and targeted online markets. Take WHT for example. It is hard to find users willing to may higher fees because they have access to so many hosts. But other online sources can give customers who are willing to pay a little more for good service. Local users will like having a personal contact so higher pricing is worth the improved service.

Yeah thats true.
Ebay is another example where a host could never make a living, the prices are far too low there. Most people buying from ebay probablyl wouldnt know too much about hosting so will end up going with the cheapest plan they can find.

Personal contact is also a lot better which is why selling in the local area could be a good idea.
Advertising is normally cheaper if you do it local and I would say the chances of getting customers could be higher IF you advertise in the right places

I am starting with local more than anything.... I think the more you can do local the more the word shall spread better. If people know who you are around your area, the more they shall remember and pass on the word. That's my views anyways ;)