LiteSpeed have released cache plugins for WordPress and XenForo

ughosting

HD Community Advisor
Staff member
If your familiar with LiteSpeed Enterprise WebServer, you probably know about LiteMage, their LiteSpeed Caching plugin.

We'll now they've gone and released a plugin for WordPress, finally, and XenForo forums.

Their blog article here!

We use Litespeed + LsCache and have added support for both these new plugins. I haven't had a chance to really test them performance wise but it is on my to do list!

If you do get some benchmarks, then please share them.

I believe the Wordpress plugin is very basic at the moment, but it's hoped to get better and offer more functionality as it'd development progresses.

Good old Michael Armstrong, I wonder who is going to update it now though :( he's no longer at LiteSpeed since July last year I believe.

I personally think litespeed is just another hype that companies use to sell software that is flashy but give very little results. I think a properly configured server with some SSD drives is all you need to deliver fast performing websites.

We use Litespeed on our servers and have done quite a bit of testing / benchmarking and I can say that it is most definitely not hype. The caches offered by Litespeed give massive improvements in performance, as does the webserver itself.

well 20/mo per cpu core,is not it ?
say I have 4 core cpu,it will be 80.It is better to invest better servers specs than in litespeed.Plus nginx is free :)

You don't need a 4 cpu license for if you have 4 cores. Litespeed would most likely only need one depending on the amount of overall ram on the servers.

But we all have our preferences. I have run Nginx in the past as well but prefer Litespeed.

Litespeed is a lightweight/commercial alternative to Apache. However, while Litespeed can handle the configuration files, it can’t handle the components integrated in. Litespeed plugin development is extremely time/effort-consuming and demands outstanding programming skills. Apache server is much more reliable in this plugin case.

Litespeed is a lightweight/commercial alternative to Apache. However, while Litespeed can handle the configuration files, it can’t handle the components integrated in.
Nonsense. I've yet to run into an issue (except one a few months back) with litespeed. Ran it on 20+ VM's with thousands of WP installs (much to my disapproval of course), we had no problems with LS except a rewrite issue which they happily helped us fix.

From a performance aspect, LS is the way to go, hands down. Adding caching to this just makes things that much sweeter.