Let’s Encrypt to Revoke 3 Million SSL Certificates on March 4

easyhostmedia

The world’s leading free SSL provider announces that millions of certificates are being revoked due to a bug they discovered days ago — giving subscribers potentially only hours to respond
Let’s Encrypt, the world’s biggest free SSL certificate authority (CA), announced to subscribers today (March 3) that they discovered a bug that’s causing them to revoke more than 3 million SSL/TLS certificates by tomorrow, March 4 (at 00:00 UTC at the earliest). The trouble? Their announcement barely gives their users time to react.

Due to the short revocation timeline that’s stipulated by the CA/B Forum’s baseline requirements, it means that Let’s Encrypt had to rush to inform users about the revocation that’ll be completed in less than 24 hours. That means, unfortunately for LE certificate subscribers — people like you, possibly — that your certificates may be affected and you may not know it.

But why do they need to revoke these certificates at all? What does this mean for Let’s Encrypt SSL subscribers? And what should you do if you’re one of those whose certificates are affected?

https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/lets-encrypt-to-revoke-3-million-ssl-certificates-on-march-4/

Last edited:
Let's face it though, I was able to regen for than 3,000 certificates in under 15 minutes, so it's no big shakes, plus they actually postponed it for a while.
Faster to regen everything than check to see if it was necessary.

Let's face it though, I was able to regen for than 3,000 certificates in under 15 minutes, so it's no big shakes, plus they actually postponed it for a while.
Faster to regen everything than check to see if it was necessary.

Yes, but their will be many out their who 100% rely on the automation process and just ignore emails or have such emails sent to an obscure email address they dont check on a regular basis.

They also should look in to one more problem.
When we install Let's encrypt. Some scripts on some domains stops working. After we remove the script starts working.
I have never seen this kind of problem on any paid ssl till now. Its a problem with lets encrypt only.

They also should look in to one more problem.
When we install Let's encrypt. Some scripts on some domains stops working. After we remove the script starts working.
I have never seen this kind of problem on any paid ssl till now. Its a problem with lets encrypt only.

You are aware Let Encrypt is just a Comodo Positive SSL that gives less festures that a paid version

I am sick of having to manually SSH in our corp node and renew ours every 3 months due to htaccess conflicts.

Actually considering dumping it and going back to paid, our customers love it though... saves them a ton of money ha

I am sick of having to manually SSH in our corp node and renew ours every 3 months due to htaccess conflicts.

Actually considering dumping it and going back to paid, our customers love it though... saves them a ton of money ha

may save customers money, but east into your profits as they are not buying from you.